ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References: Original or Scan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

estuarie
United Kingdom

References: Original or Scan

Post by estuarie » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm

It is more difficult under the lockdown to arrange for the references. I was wondering, since the application is fully online and no originals need to be sent over to the Home Office, if I can fill out my section of the reference, attach my photo, then scan it and email it to the referee, who will print it out, fill in and sign, and then scan it again and send back to me? Would it be ok for the HO?

I'd appreciate your thoughts

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: References: Original or Scan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Ideally by posting them during the pandemic.

You should also keep hold of the originals till a decision is made. HO can ask for them at a later stage (very rare though).

You can always TRY and add a cover letter and explain the situation. HO may or may not accept the referee forms. In case not accepted, they will write to you to provide referee forms again which may cause delays.

Note: Post offices are open.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

estuarie
United Kingdom

Re: References: Original or Scan

Post by estuarie » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Thank you, Cullinan, you are absolutely right, not worth taking the risk