ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French marriage certificate for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YA0148
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA EU With EUSS Settled status Applying for British citizenship

Post by YA0148 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi & good afternoon to you all.

my wife an EEA national living & employed in UK for over 6 years I am British and she is now applying online for British naturalisation.

1. They ask for "Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully
for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period.
This should be evidence that you were here as a
worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient,
retired or incapacitated person"

and also for "Proof of living in the UK for [name]
for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3
years if applying as the spouse of a British
Citizen"

what do i need to provide for this, and are these to be 2 different types documents or can be covered by 1 thing (like p60's)

2. In France the median name is never getting removed from passport & I.D. so she has her maiden name + her current surname (for example SMITH epose (partner) JOHNS) so in her life in the uk test, bank statements, driving licence, she is known by her current surname (for example JOHNS) and this is what she has entered in the application (also added median name as a previous name) but the thing is that the settled status she received they have put this on her median name (probably because this is what is showing on the bottom of the passport machine-readable zone MRZ) so please can you advise me if this is OK.

3. On the online application it self there is no specific place to put EUSS reference, and as it has been made on her EEA I.D. (not on passport) and in the appointment they ask for passport (not I.D.) i wonder if/how i need to upload proof of EUSS?

YA0148
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Maidan name on EUSS different than on BC application

Post by YA0148 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi & good afternoon to you all.

my wife an EEA national living & employed in UK for over 6 years with EUSS for over a year now I am British and she is now applying online for British naturalisation.

In France the median name is never getting removed from passport & I.D. so she has her maiden name + her current surname (for example Sarah SMITH epouse (partner) JOHNS) so in her life in the UK test, bank statements, driving licence, she is known by her current surname (for example JOHNS) and this is what she has entered in the application (also added median name as a previous name) but the thing is that the EU settled status she received they have put this on her median name (SMITH) (probably because this is what is showing on the bottom of the passport machine-readable zone MRZ) so please can you advise me if this will be ok as the EUSS has been made on her I.D. not on her passport and on the application they ask to provide passport not the I.D.

Thanks

YA0148
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

French marriage certificate for BC

Post by YA0148 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:44 am

Hi to you all
my wife is applying for British citizenship on an EUSS basis and 3 yrs route as married to me (British)
so they require a marriage certificate.
we have a French marriage certificate will they accept it or we have to translate it.
(from some previous experience some official departments did accept it, but i wonder maybe some change after Brexit)
regards and thanks in advance