ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Proof in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaypalrana

Accommodation Proof in UK

Post by vijaypalrana » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Friends,

Thought of starting a new topic on this. I had a talk with VFS UK Bangalore to know about the documents to be submitted for Tier1 General.

They mentioned one suggested document as the Accommodation Proof in UK. We can submit either of the two documents mentioned below:
1. A No Objection Letter from a friend or relative, along with their Lease or Mortgage papers (copy) & their passport copy.
2. Hotel Booking.

They clearly mentioned that this is only suggested and not mandatory, but the VISA Processing Officer may ask for it. Wanted to know from people who have already filed if they were asked for this document?

Also if somebody submitted a letter from friend can you please share the format of the same.

I had posted this query on the post for September 2008 applicants thread but couldn't get much help so felt like starting a new thread.

I checked the thread for the cover letters and a format for this letter doesn't exist there.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:45 am

Honestly, this would be the last letter I would like to submit.

This letter is extremely important for visitors & working holiday maker visa and definately not required for Tier 1.

Also, by chance, if you had earlier been to UK in any visa, they would not bother to ask at all.

But that is not a prerequisite that you should've been. Even otherwise it is not mandatory at all.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:45 am

Honestly, this would be the last letter I would like to submit.

This letter is extremely important for visitors & working holiday maker visa and definately not required for Tier 1.

Also, by chance, if you had earlier been to UK in any visa, they would not bother to ask at all.

But that is not a prerequisite that you should've been. Even otherwise it is not mandatory at all.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:36 pm

2 weeek hotel booking is sufficient.

SunShines007
Newly Registered

Accommodation proof in UK

Post by SunShines007 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

Hi Vijaypalrana,

I have a couple of questions.

Are you showing Accommodation proof in UK while applying for Entry clearance based on PBS Tier 1?
Do you have any sample for showing Accommodation proof in UK as some friend's or relative's address?
Do you think a fax copy will work?

vijaypalrana

Re: Accommodation proof in UK

Post by vijaypalrana » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 am

SunShines007 wrote:Hi Vijaypalrana,

I have a couple of questions.

Are you showing Accommodation proof in UK while applying for Entry clearance based on PBS Tier 1?
Do you have any sample for showing Accommodation proof in UK as some friend's or relative's address?
Do you think a fax copy will work?
Hi SunShines007,

The VFS mention this as a suggested document. I myself am looking for a format so its very clear I dont have any sample with me. :D

Regarding fax copy you can call the VFS and find.

antouk

Post by antouk » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 pm

a quick and straight forward way is booking a hotel. u can do that at no cost.
jus a booking confirmation email wud suffice. some of the booking site wont charge u anything until u occupy the room.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-