ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pilot10

ILR 10 years application

Post by pilot10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm

Hi Moderators

I am about to make application for ILR 10 year residence. I moved to UK in Jan 5th 2011, completed 5 year university and then got job working under Tier 2 general which is still valid. During the Tier 2 work permit applications, my applications were refused and I then made new applications which were approved. See breakdown of the Tier 2 refusals.

1st refusal - my application was refused in Nov 2016 and I made a new application within the 14 days which was approved.
2nd refusal (change of new SOC code) - application refused in may 2019 and as my visa was still valid, the 14 days did not apply and i then made new application in July 2019. This application was approved.
Note, I did not leave the UK and made both applications here.

Will the refusal of my Tier visa applications affect my ILR 10 year application?

I passed the life in the uk and will use my degree as evidence for English requirement. I never left uk for more than 2 months.

Please could you advise if there is anything else i need to make successful application?

Also, which form should i used for the 10 year application or website link to form?

Please advise? Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR 10 years application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:35 pm

pilot10 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm
Hi Moderators

I am about to make application for ILR 10 year residence. I moved to UK in Jan 5th 2011, completed 5 year university and then got job working under Tier 2 general which is still valid. During the Tier 2 work permit applications, my applications were refused and I then made new applications which were approved. See breakdown of the Tier 2 refusals.

1st refusal - my application was refused in Nov 2016 and I made a new application within the 14 days which was approved. What type of Tier 2 application was this, when was it made and why was it refused? When was your Tier 2 visa valid till at that time?
2nd refusal (change of new SOC code) - application refused in may 2019 and as my visa was still valid, the 14 days did not apply and i then made new application in July 2019. This application was approved. Why was this one refused?

Will the refusal of my Tier visa applications affect my ILR 10 year application?

I passed the life in the uk and will use my degree as evidence for English requirement. I never left uk for more than 2 months.

Please could you advise if there is anything else i need to make successful application? Documents required: Passports covering the last 10 years including current, current BRP, life in the UK test reference number and evidence of meeting the english language requirement.

Also, which form should i used for the 10 year application or website link to form? You need to use Set LR. Link: https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle

All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:35 pm
pilot10 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm
Hi Moderators

1st refusal - my application was refused in Nov 2016 and I made a new application within the 14 days which was approved. What type of Tier 2 application was this, when was it made and why was it refused? When was your Tier 2 visa valid till at that time?

it was tier 2 work permit. Applied in 2016, it was refused bcos i applied for 5 year instead of 3 years. Valid to 2019

2nd refusal (change of new SOC code) - application refused in may 2019 and as my visa was still valid, the 14 days did not apply and i then made new application in July 2019. This application was approved. Why was this one refused?

Refused bcos salary was not suitable for job role

Please could you advise if there is anything else i need to make successful application? Documents required: Passports covering the last 10 years including current, current BRP, life in the UK test reference number and evidence of meeting the english language requirement.

I lost one of my passport which I have a photocopy of and also reported missing passport to police. Should i include the photocopy and police report in the application?

Also, which form should i used for the 10 year application or website link to form? You need to use Set LR. Link: https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle

Thank you

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm

it was tier 2 work permit. Applied in 2016, it was refused bcos i applied for 5 year instead of 3 years. Valid to 2019 - Apologies. I misread your initial post. So I assume this was your first Tier 2 application switching from Tier 4? If so when exactly in 2016 did you apply (exact date) and when was your Tier 4 visa valid till?

I lost one of my passport which I have a photocopy of and also reported missing passport to police. Should i include the photocopy and police report in the application? Yes, make sure you answer the questions on the form accurately. You can then include the documents you mentioned along with a cover letter.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:19 pm

After Refusal in nov 2016 you applied with in 14 days and when was the leave granted?

As technically you were overstayer between the date u received the refusal and next visa granted.

According to new judgment (Hoque & ors v SSHD) you will be alright though.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm
it was tier 2 work permit. Applied in 2016, it was refused bcos i applied for 5 year instead of 3 years. Valid to 2019 - Apologies. I misread your initial post. So I assume this was your first Tier 2 application switching from Tier 4? If so when exactly in 2016 did you apply (exact date) and when was your Tier 4 visa valid till?

Yes, it was my first tier 2 switching from tier 4. i reapplied 8th Dec after refusal on 30 Nov. My tier4 was valid until 14/10/2016 and I applied on 5/10/2016 which was then refused on 30 Nov. In the refusal letter, i was told to make new application which I then did on 8th Dec and was granted.

I lost one of my passport which I have a photocopy of and also reported missing passport to police. Should i include the photocopy and police report in the application? Thanks
Last edited by pilot10 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:19 pm
After Refusal in nov 2016 you applied with in 14 days and when was the leave granted?

Yes, i reapplied 8th Dec after refusal on 30 Nov. It was granted the 24th Jan following month.

As technically you were overstayer between the date u received the refusal and next visa granted.

I don't understand. The refusal letter said to make new application or leave the country within 14 days. how is it overstaying if you have a valid application?

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm

pilot10 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:

Yes, i reapplied 8th Dec after refusal on 30 Nov. It was granted the 24th Jan following month.

I don't understand. The refusal letter said to make new application or leave the country within 14 days. how is it overstaying if you have a valid application?

Rules have been changed recently, see the attached link similar case.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-in-accor ... 10037.html

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:27 pm

All good to go then.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm
pilot10 wrote:
zeeshi1122 wrote:

@zeeshi1122, Are mine affected by this 286b/39E? please advise ?

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:42 pm

pilot10 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm
pilot10 wrote:
zeeshi1122 wrote:

@zeeshi1122, Are mine affected by this 286b/39E? please advise ?

According to the recent judgment (Hoque & ors v SSHD) you should be alright.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi guys,

I am filing in the ILR application and I have these questions I need help with.

How do i answer these questions? I am required to provide details.
  • Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm

pilot10 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Hi guys,

I am filing in the ILR application and I have these questions I need help with.

How do i answer these questions? I am required to provide details.
  • Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
There is no right or wrong answer for these questions. Just answer truthfully according to your situation. Your answers have no bearing on the outcome/decision of your application.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Thank you @ajitu92, @zeeshi1122, @CULLINAN

I have another question in the application and if you could advise, that will be great. I dont know if I am overthinking this question.

In 2016, a letter was sent to my family's address to pay a fine for travel with deadline to make payment. However, the deadline passed because I didnt see the letter as I was living at different address. A bailiff came to collect payment which was paid in full. Unfortunately, I cannot recall if it was a court order or just something else.

My question is:
In the application for ILR, how do i answer this question below?

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? Answer - YES OR NO
option:
  • A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
Note in my past applications, I have set this to No for this question. I am thinking of answering no in the application and adding a note about this on cover letter. What do you think? Is there a way you can check if you have had court judgement against you online - maybe public record?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:27 pm

what exactly was this fine for and who was it issued by?

What does the letter say, and was it a CCJ that was issued against you? Were these court bailiffs that came to collect or private debt collection agents?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 pm

In 2016, a letter was sent to my family's address to pay a fine for travel with deadline to make payment. However, the deadline passed because I didnt see the letter as I was living at different address. A bailiff came to collect payment which was paid in full. Unfortunately, I cannot recall if it was a court order or just something else.
A bailiff comes only when a court order is ignored and the other party pushes for a CCJ. You should declare this. This will not affect your ILR though as this is a civil debt. Make a note in the cover letter that you paid it in full.

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgmen ... dit-rating
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:27 pm
what exactly was this fine for and who was it issued by?
It was for using train journey and i was fined for not paying for some part of the journey

What does the letter say, and was it a CCJ that was issued against you? Were these court bailiffs that came to collect or private debt collection agents? I truly cannot remember as it was my relative that made the payment and Im waiting for reply from him. But it was for a train journey

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 pm
A bailiff comes only when a court order is ignored and the other party pushes for a CCJ. You should declare this. This will not affect your ILR though as this is a civil debt. Make a note in the cover letter that you paid it in full.

@Cullinan, i have just searched register of judgments (Trustonline) and there is no record found under my name.

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

pilot10 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 pm

@Cullinan, i have just searched register of judgments (Trustonline) and there is no record found under my name. Also checked experian and no court judgment against my name

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

No need to declare then. It will not impact your ILR anyways.