ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paper copies of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inkdrops
Newly Registered
European Union

Evidence of Residence

Post by inkdrops » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:34 pm

Hello all! I'm new to this and reviewing posts has been very useful! I am preparing my evidence of residence in the UK for the last 5 years in preparation for an application I will be making for citizenship next year (my LitUK test is booked for 25 January, so I am hoping to file my application shortly after). I have evidence lined up for the whole period, except from December 2020 - January 2021. I will receive my payslip at the start of January 2021, but then that leaves a few weeks which are un-evidenced. How can I provide evidence for the remaining period?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Evidence of Residence

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:40 pm

I don't think you need to prove every day, but if you want to make sure you could add a council tax bill, or other official documents from HMRC, DWP, Child Benefit, for example.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

inkdrops
Newly Registered
European Union

CSI requirement while a student

Post by inkdrops » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:37 am

Hi there,

I am applying for citizenship as an EEA national with settled status. For context, I have lived here with my family since childhood, and my parents have always worked. I have just seen a requirement that while a student or self sufficient, EEA members should have comprehensive sickness insurance, which I did not have during my school or university studies. However if you are a family member of a worker, that is waived. How can I refer to this in my application so that it is clear I have not breached this requirements? Has anyone else had to establish this? I also had an EHIC card for a while but it has since expired and I think I have thrown it away.

closer85
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: CSI requirement while a student

Post by closer85 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Unfortunately EHIC counts only for people temporarily in the UK :
If the applicant provides a valid EHIC as evidence of CSI, it must have been issued
by a member state other than the UK, because the member state that issued the
card will cover the cost of treatment.
You can only accept the valid EHIC as CSI if the applicant is living in the UK on a
temporary basis.
This from last HO guide, qualified person

inkdrops
Newly Registered
European Union

Paper copies of documents

Post by inkdrops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 am

Hi all!

I have just submitted my application and am now uploading documents to the UKVCAS system. What I have an appointment to provide my biometric data this weekend. What I am unsure about is whether I have to have paper copies of all of these documents to hand for this appointment - I have received my referee forms in scanned form, and many documents like my P60s are PDF only. Do I need hard copies/originals of every document for my appointment or any other stage? Or is the only document I need for my appointment my password?
Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Paper copies of documents

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 am

It is normally just the passport/ID for your biometrics appointment, unless you have purchased other UKVCAS services (such as document scanning). The appointment confirmation should state what you need to bring
Once UKVI starts processing the application they can ask for originals but that is quite rare.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

inkdrops
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Paper copies of documents

Post by inkdrops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 am
It is normally just the passport/ID for your biometrics appointment, unless you have purchased other UKVCAS services (such as document scanning). The appointment confirmation should state what you need to bring
Once UKVI starts processing the application they can ask for originals but that is quite rare.

Thank you! That does make more sense as I am already uploading pdf versions of all my documents.