ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

doctor in training

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salim
Newly Registered

doctor in training

Post by salim » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:25 pm

my passport was stamped with the new tier 1 general visa .. which states that im not allowed to work as a doctor in training .. is this the same for all other applicants ?? does any one has the same statement in his visa??

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:47 pm

you can;t work as a doctor in training under tier 1. They have taken it out of the shortage list bec there are too many doctors in the UK and not enough jobs.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: doctor in training

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:41 pm

salim wrote:my passport was stamped with the new tier 1 general visa .. which states that im not allowed to work as a doctor in training .. is this the same for all other applicants ?? does any one has the same statement in his visa??
Had you read the policy guidance carefully, you would have noted that this rule is applicable for all Tier 1 holders subject to the following condition:
Conditions applying to applicants wrote:(iii) no employment as a doctor in training, unless the applicant is:
(1) in the UK and has, or has last been granted, entry clearance or leave to enter or remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant - and that grant was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training - or as an Innovator or as a Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist;
(2) in the UK and has, or has last been granted, entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant and that grant was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training; or
(3) has submitted with this application a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Approval Letter, where the application for that approval letter was made on or before 6 February 2008.
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Hello there

I believe that you applied within the UK, but what was your status before your applied for Tier 1, and were you already in training post...

I know some doctor friends who were on HSMP and already in training posts and applied for extension and still working in the same job...

What I know is that anyone applying for Tier1 from outside the UK will not be allowed to take up training posts....but the rule does not apply to those on HSMP and already in...