ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT to T2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Turtlee
Newly Registered
India

T2 ICT to T2 General Dependent

Post by Turtlee » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm

My wife holds a T2 General (Skilled Worker) visa I am looking to switch from T2 ICT to her dependent. I have read the requirements however would like to confirm the following points:

1. Is there any need of getting the TB test done? I am going to switch from within UK.
2. Per my understanding, the following document should be enough:
- Passport (my & main applicant's)
- Bank Statements for last 90 days (for both me & my wife).
- Marriage Certificate.
- Proof of relationship (wedding photographs etc).
- Utility Bills (proving that we have been living together).

Are there any other documents which I would require to submit along with my application? Do I need to submit criminal record check?
3. Do I need to inform my current employer before switching or is it alright to inform then after?
4. I would need to pay the visa fees and health surcharge. Are there any other hidden costs?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 ICT to T2 General Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 pm

1. Not required.

2. No photos needed. No criminal record check.

3. No, inform them after you get your new visa.

4. Yes and likely ukcvas fee for biomterics as free appointments are very scarce.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Turtlee
Newly Registered
India

Post by Turtlee » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:53 pm

Thanks CR001

For T2 dependent visa, what all documents are required to prove relationship apart from marriage certificate?
Also, do I need to a get the marriage certificate attested (I am from India)?
What all documents are required to prove cohabitation? Are utility & council tax bills addressed to both me & my wife enough or do I need to more documents?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:28 am

Turtlee wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:53 pm
Thanks CR001

For T2 dependent visa, what all documents are required to prove relationship apart from marriage certificate?
Also, do I need to a get the marriage certificate attested (I am from India)?
No, if your marriage certificate is already in English.
What all documents are required to prove cohabitation? Are utility & council tax bills addressed to both me & my wife enough or do I need to more documents?
This should suffice. Go by your checklist you receive on completing your visa application
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.