ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant/Spouse Visa Settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adbadshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dependant/Spouse Visa Settlement

Post by adbadshah » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello,

I’ve been married and living with my husband in England for 6 years - initially on a Tier 2 Dependent visa and then switched to a Spouse visa once my husband received naturalisation. I wanted some clarification on whether the time spent on 2 different partner visas can be consolidated for Settlement as on the Home Office website it states that you must be married and living with your partner for 5 years before applying for citizenship (not specifying that the time on other partner visas won’t be counted). Any help would be appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant/Spouse Visa Settlement

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:29 pm

I wanted some clarification on whether the time spent on 2 different partner visas can be consolidated for Settlement
No you cannot combine different visa categories to make up 5 years. You need 60 months on the spouse visa before you can apply for ilr.
Home Office website it states that you must be married and living with your partner for 5 years before applying for citizenship (not specifying that the time on other partner visas won’t be counted)
The immigration rules AppendixFM state you need 60 months in the Appendix FM category before you can apply for ilr.

Why did you switch to spouse visa? Did your husband get ILR based in 10 years long residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adbadshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by adbadshah » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Thank you for that information! That is very helpful. Yes my husband applied based on 10 year long residence, and I still had quite a bit of time till my Tier 2 dependent visa expired.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:21 pm

You will need to wait till you have 5 years when on your current spouse visa route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adbadshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by adbadshah » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:21 pm
You will need to wait till you have 5 years when on your current spouse visa route.
Thank you for your help!!