ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Susu1991
Newly Registered
Yemen

Citizenship

Post by Susu1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Hey everyone :) I just received my ILR and now I'm planning to apply for citizenship and my question is if I apply via post would it take long to reply as I want to travel in March or would applying online faster? Please help me thank you :D

coolrockspart2
India

Re: Citizenship

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Susu1991 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 pm
Hey everyone :) I just received my ILR and now I'm planning to apply for citizenship and my question is if I apply via post would it take long to reply as I want to travel in March or would applying online faster? Please help me thank you :D
Applying online is recommended especially during current situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm

You must apply online and upload your documents digitally and enrol bilntrics at ukcvas. You can't apply by post if within the UK.

Regardless, you are unlikely to have a decision and ceremony done by march!! There are delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Susu1991
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by Susu1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm
You must apply online and upload your documents digitally and enrol bilntrics at ukcvas. You can't apply by post if within the UK.

Regardless, you are unlikely to have a decision and ceremony done by march!! There are delays.
Really because my lawyer is saying he would do it via post so I'm just looking for a faster way thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm

There is no "faster way". The paper application clearly states it is for those outside the UK who meet the requirements. If you choose to apply by post, you have to send all your original documents to ukvi, which they keep until a decision is made.

It is online if you are in the UK. No need to send original documents.

You are also free to travel while your application is pending with ukvi, so unsure why you think you cannot travel if you apply online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Susu1991
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by Susu1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm
There is no "faster way". The paper application clearly states it is for those outside the UK who meet the requirements. If you choose to apply by post, you have to send all your original documents to ukvi, which they keep until a decision is made.

It is online if you are in the UK. No need to send original documents.

You are also free to travel while your application is pending with ukvi, so unsure why you think you cannot travel if you apply online.
OK thank you :) also my lawyer said I can't travel while waiting

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:33 pm

Change the lawyer. Get a competent one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:50 am

Just to check (given your lawyer behaviour):
You know that you only can apply for citizenship immediately after getting ILR if you are married to a UK citizen, right?
Otherwise you have to wait 12 months on ILR before applying.