ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MMST FMT Email after 5 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

MMST FMT Email after 5 months

Post by vahidfar » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi all,

I submitted and paid for my naturalisation application on 19th of July 2020 and received a confirmation email on 14th of August.
I also attended biometric appointment early September and since then it has been radio silence until 30th of December that I received an email from MMST FMT as follows:

'We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Has anyone else received an email like this and does this mean that a caseworker just started looking into my application around the date of 30th of December?

Also now that it's over 6 months of my submission, is it worth chasing them or should I just wait?

Many thanks

Qasimhb1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: MMST FMT Email after 5 months

Post by Qasimhb1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:27 am

Same here.
Application submitted on 8th August, 2020 and got email about Covid delay on 13th Jan..???
More than 6 months now...

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:30 am

I finally got my decision on Jan 26 which was a successful one

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom