ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding HSMP extension under JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpleo

Query regarding HSMP extension under JR

Post by wpleo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Hello all

I was recently in touch with BIA enquiring about the form I need to use when applying for extension.
I had my initial HSMP approval letter on 30 Oct 2006, and applied for FLR in Dec 06 on the basis of that letter and was granted 2 years...

Given all these details and my HSMP ref number, I was told that I can use the HSMP JR form when applying for an extension, and that I should apply as soon as possible....

However, I was wondering:

1. How soon is " as soon as possible"? my current leave does not expire until mid of Dec 08, and I thought you should only apply 5 weeks before expiry date, but does this still apply for HSMP JR...

2. I read here some people sending original degrees, and copies of contracts etc... but thats all not required in the application, especially most of these documents were sent and verified through the initial HSMP application... and the HSMP JR extension form only requires showing your financial activities over last 12 months as per old rules... are some being extra cautious or am I missing something?

Kindly advise...

bani

Post by bani » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 am

1. 5 weeks before expiry is the guideline. But a lot of people have applied before (for reasons like travel) and have received the HSMP extension.

2. Guidance notes only require proof of economic activity (usually payslips) and funds (bank statements). There will always be people who send everything (degree certificates, contracts, a copy of the JR etc) to be on the safe side, nothing wrong with this. But there have been extension approvals without them.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:23 am

many thanks Bani for the answers and appreciate your help...