ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address Change and Council Advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

THENAB
Newly Registered

Address Change and Council Advice

Post by THENAB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi

I have my ceremony soon, next week actually! I am a little worried as around a month ago I moved but I had already received the invite from HO. Now I informed the council registration office about this before booking the ceremony. They are fine with it but clearly said that they will only post it to address that matches with HO. They advised me to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk with the details of new address. Now I haven't heard back from this email at all. I am worried if anyone even checks this email. I don't want to end up in a situation where it's posted to my old location and rejected. I can pick up from the council in person but I don't think they allow for it these days due to Covid. Could anyone please advise if for the address change an email to above email address is enough and that they update the address but don't inform you of that? thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Address Change and Council Advice

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 pm
Best to seek help here:

british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... l#p1985684
Yeah I tried but feels like lot of people on that thread are discussing timelines. I felt like it would be rude to butt in.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Dont you have access to the old address?

The HO can take ages to update the address. If you have told your council about address change, they might insist to post to the address they hold. They will insist to change the new address with HO first which can take ages (if you want it delivered at new address).

Best to get it delivered to the old address or pick up in person if your council offers that.

You really do not have any other options.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.