ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can dependents be called later on?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Can dependents be called later on?

Post by sudhirkumra » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:39 am

Hi All,

Please help me in filling the PBS Tier 1 form & Appendix, as I am the main applicant and I am filing the Visa under PBS Tier1 first time

I have dependents, can I file Visa just for myself now by just showing the GBR 2800 as a maintenance funds for my self, and call my family later on i.e. after 12 months or this is mandatory for the married persons to file the Visa & show the maintenance funds collectively for the complete family?

Regards,
Sudhir

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 pm

sudhir.. i think there is no compulsion that you shd enter with ur family.. you can apply now enter UK and once you are settled you can bring in your family later.. i did like that for my WP where my dependents joined me after 3-4months..

though i have no link information/proof for my above opinion, may be more senior boarders would provide you with relevant info..

Before that you shd do a search on this forum which might have already been replied earlier...

Goodluck

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkumra » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks, actually in the part 5 of the form, there is a confusing question
"Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" in my case yes my wife will join me after 1 year, then what should be my answer?

Regards,
Sudhir

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm

sudhirkumra wrote:Thanks, actually in the part 5 of the form, there is a confusing question
"Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" in my case yes my wife will join me after 1 year, then what should be my answer?

Regards,
Sudhir
What's confusing about it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkumra » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 am

Confusion is, she is not accompying me right now but will be coming atleast after 12 months, what should i choose "Yes" or "NO".

Thanks,
Sudhir

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:58 am

And if "YES" can you still show your maintenance fund 2800 or you have to show it 2800+1600+..?

regards
Muzzy

klop
Newly Registered

Post by klop » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:24 am

I've got the same doubts,
have now idea what to write in the mention above part7,
at the moment my we are waiting for our 2nd child, and anyway we will have apply for our baby separately and don't know the procedure of applying in this case.

karthi305
Newly Registered

hi

Post by karthi305 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 am

hi

for this i got reply from VFs and posted already in forum.

u sholuls write NO and explain your plan on part 7

" With regard to your query, if you are not taking your dependents when you travel to UK you can write “noâ€

amit0277

Re: hi

Post by amit0277 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:12 pm

[quote="karthi305"]hi

" With regard to your query, if you are not taking your dependents when you travel to UK you can write “noâ€

klop
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by klop » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:34 pm

[quote="karthi305"]hi

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkumra » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:49 am

Hi,

But as per chennai VFS, we should write 'NO', but as per me it's misleading, becuase dependents wonna join us later, it's confusing.

Any senior member or the one who has faced & stamped the Visa in this similar situation, please help.

Regards,
Sudhir

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependants query

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have also the same doubt; my wife and kid will join me later and I am confused about the maintenance fund part. I am maintaining fund only for myself 2800 pounds; the question is if they join me in the next 6 months after I reach UK, do I have to show maintenance fund for them while i apply for myself or can i just show it for myself and apply?

Home office has emailed me stating the below:

My Mail to them:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 14 July 2008 01:51
To: Public Visa Enqs
Subject: UK Tier 1 - Dependants query

Respected Sir/Madam,

I would highly appreciate if someone please could answer the below query for me.

TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT SELF- ASSESSMENT form and I see the below statement in the form.

"In order for the application to be approved you must have a minimum level of funds and score 10 points for your level of funds. If you do not score 10 points the application will be refused. You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom."

In my case my wife and kids are planning to join me after 5 months once I get settled there. So could you please let me know what is the amount I have to fill in the section 7.1 below?

"7.1 Please calculate the amount of funds required for you and the dependants name in the Personal Details part of this application form and enter the amount here."

Do I have to save 2800 Pounds (for myself) + 3200 Pounds (wife & kid) even if I am planning to apply alone and will apply for my dependants later on?

Best Regards,

XXXXX X XXXXXX

REPLY:
========

From: PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk [PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 8:55 PM
To: XXXXX X XXXXXX
Subject: RE: UK Tier 1 - Dependants query

If you are not coming with them but they are to join you in 5 months time their cost will apply now, for them to have their visas. If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now.

Sent by:
Public Enquiries [C], VCS/UKBA, London SW1A 2AH
Web-site: www.ukba.gov.uk

===============

I would highly appreciate any suggestions or help in this regard.

Jedi001

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Jedi001,

Does that mean if your dependants are willing to joing you on your 7th month and onward in UK you can show your maintenance fund only 2800 at the moment?
I think feedback you've got from them is not an aswer to your question about maintenance.

rgds
Muzzy

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependants Query

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:27 am

If you are not coming with them but they are to join you in 5 months time their cost will apply now, for them to have their visas. If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now.

Sent by:
I think the above clearly mentions that "If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now. "

I think the answer is clear; still I would like to know why you think it is not clear. As this is important for me I do not want to take any chances.

Regards
Jedi001

amit0277

Re: Dependants Query

Post by amit0277 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 am

Jedi001 wrote:

Sent by:
I think the above clearly mentions that "If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now. "

I think the answer is clear; still I would like to know why you think it is not clear. As this is important for me I do not want to take any chances.

Regards
Jedi001

I got clarification from Chennia BHC which seems to be logical. The email states

"If you have lodged an application only for yourself (principal applicant), we will look for £2800 maintained for 3 months."

I hope things are clear now.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependants Query

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 pm

hello Amit,

Thanks for the reply and sharing the mail from Chennai BHC.

I think it looks good. I will also send an email to Chennai BHC; could you please share your question which you asked to Chennai BHC? So that I would expect a similar answer from them.

Regards
Jedi001

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkumra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:03 am

Hi,

But still we are not sure what should be the answer of the question 5.1 in the form VSF9. No or Yes???

Thanks,
Sudhir

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Sudhir,

I have asked this question to Chennai BHC...waiting for their reply.

Will put their email here whever i receive it.

Jedi001

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 am

Jedi001 wrote:Hi Sudhir,

I have asked this question to Chennai BHC...waiting for their reply.

Will put their email here whever i receive it.

Jedi001
Hey Jedi,

Sorry for the delay... Here the question I asked BHC

I have applied for Tier 1 (General) application on September xxx. My application reference number is xxxxx. I have not field application for my dependents along with my application.

I would like to get a clarification on question number 5.1 "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7." in VAF9 form. I have mentioned "Yes" in the answer and in Part 7 I mentioned that "my wife and my kid will join me in UK once I settle down over there.".

Since I am not filing the application for my dependent, I have only shown the maintainance fund of £2800. Now my concern is that whether my application will be rejected as I have mentioned Yes for the question number 5.1 and maintainance fund shown in only £2800.

As per the guidance I need to show the maintainance fund of £1600 per dependent in case I file their application. I will be grateful if you can clarify my doubt.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 am

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I guess my situation is just similar to yours as I am married and have a kid (new born on 8th sept 2008 :-) ). I am very interested on what happens to your application as my situation is just the same as yours. I am planning to apply in December (waiting for my maintenance fund), even i am also showing 2800 pounds and dependants will join me later.

I was wondering if it is possible to speak to you over the phone. I will PM you my phone number and if you could provide me your telephone number than i can call to whatever convenient you will mention.

Regards

Jedi001

sudhirkumra
Newly Registered

Post by sudhirkumra » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:11 am

Hi,

Hi amit & jedi, please do let me know the result of the application, as i am also sailing the same boat.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Sudhir

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Hello Sudhir,

I am going to apply in December end & will tell my results to everyone in this forum. If you are applying before me than please do let us know your results too. I think Amit has already applied and waiting for his results.

Will pray to god for Amit....

Regards

Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Hello Amit,

I will request you to share your application details with us; like what documents you have presented for your application to so that we will have a fair idea about it. As all of us (Me, you and Sudhir) are in same situation, it would be very informative for us to put our documents inline.

Regards

Jedi001

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Jedi001 wrote:Hello Sudhir,

I am going to apply in December end & will tell my results to everyone in this forum. If you are applying before me than please do let us know your results too. I think Amit has already applied and waiting for his results.

Will pray to god for Amit....

Regards

Jedi001
Hello Jedi,

Congratulationss on your new family member :) ... I have got your private message and I will reply back soon. Please do pray for me.

Regards,
Amit

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Jedi001 wrote:Hello Amit,

I will request you to share your application details with us; like what documents you have presented for your application to so that we will have a fair idea about it. As all of us (Me, you and Sudhir) are in same situation, it would be very informative for us to put our documents inline.

Regards

Jedi001
I have submitted following documents:
Main Cover letter
VAF9 form
Appendix 1 form

Passports (new + expired)

Qualification: point claimed 30
Degree certificate
Letter of comparibility from NARIC

Previous Earning: point claimed 45
Previous earning cover letter