ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worked dependent work right

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venugopal
India

Skilled worked dependent work right

Post by venugopal » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi,

I was on Tier2 General visa which is valid till 2023. However I became redundant in last October and I have not yet received the curtailment letter yet. Meanwhile my husband found a sponsor for which COS was made in December and Visa application was made for both of us (me as dependent) in January with VISA submission date on 3rd Feb.

I got new job offer as a dependent with start date in 2nd week of Feb 2021. However I am wondering if I can start work or should I wait until a decision is made/till I get my BRP as a dependent.

The Gov.uk talks about only main applicants and did not find info about dependents.

Many Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Skilled worked dependent work right

Post by poper » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Your current visa restrictions apply until a decision is made on your application. You may only work for your sponsor.
Unfortunately you cannot begin work with a new employer until a decision is made on your application.

Hope you are aware that your ILR clock on a 5 year route resets to 0 with this switch.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.