ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Tier2 visa sponsorship for non-UK graduates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent: Tier2 visa sponsorship for non-UK graduates

Post by david24 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:20 am

Hello Everyone,

Hope you're all safe and sound! I'm a master graduate from one of the french universities. I'm currently doing my internship in the UK on a Tier5 Visa (Temporary worker - Government Authorised Exchange). My current employer is happy to hire me for a full-time position post my internship and thus willing to sponsor me Tier2 visa. But there are some uncertainties as the role offered should be on the shortage occupations list and if a job is on the list, I can be paid 80% of the job’s usual going rate to qualify for a Skilled Worker visa. To proceed with the application, first, my employer wants me to sponsor to join the membership of "charted management institute" (CMI) in order to get a charted status so that I will be able to fulfil the eligibility criterion.

Has anyone been through the similar situation? Has anyone been successful on the application through this process earlier? I would sincerely appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Thank you very much.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent: Tier2 visa sponsorship for non-UK graduates

Post by manci » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:20 am

What is the role your employer wishes to offer you?

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by david24 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response. My employer wishes to offer me a role of "Charted Office Manager".

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:29 pm

Can you you please state the SOC that your roles fits to please

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:33 pm

Office Manager is SOC code 4161 which is not a shortage occupation. The going rate is £25k and you don't have to be chartered for this role.

May be your employer has a different job in mind for you?

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by david24 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 pm

manci wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:33 pm
Office Manager is SOC code 4161 which is not a shortage occupation. The going rate is £25k and you don't have to be chartered for this role.

May be your employer has a different job in mind for you?
Thanks for your reply, the employer is referring to this:

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... -paid-less

You’re under 26, studying or a recent graduate, or in professional training
You can be paid 70% of your job’s usual going rate if one of the following applies:

you’re under 26 on the date you apply
you’re currently in the UK on a Student visa - or you have been in the last 2 years - studying at bachelor’s degree level or above
you’re currently in the UK on a Graduate Entrepreneur visa
you’ll be working towards a recognised qualification in a UK regulated profession
you’ll be working towards full registration or chartered status in the job you’re being sponsored for

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:35 pm

It would appear your employer is looking to you as a cheap labour option. That is entirely up to you if you consider it reasonable / acceptable.
Times are hard and COVID is not going to make it any easier for a while yet.

I would advise you to consider the potentially immigration pitfalls before you consider your next move. The role you speak of is not one I am familiar with, hence my request for the SOC.

Your employer has asked you to join CIM .... that In it’s self is meaningless. It does immediately qualify you for “working towards full registration” not unless you have completed or are exempt from the theory / professional papers. So that is questionable and sounds very much a way of deflating the salary rather than the actual truth.

The job title is also a reflection of the same.. charted office manager. Are you actually charted? Or are you a trainee professional even? Do you need to be charted to be an office manger - no is the simple answer.

So the entire credibility of the attempt to manufacture a role that would allow a reduced salary is pretty obvious and will be seen as such.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:28 pm

david24 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm
My employer wishes to offer me a role of "Charted Office Manager".
I guess you mean Chartered Office Manager?

To be a Chartered professional the candidate should demonstrate a combination of education and professional experience in the field in order to apply for chartership. Do you have any previous relevant experience as an Office Manager?

Perhaps your employer is offering you the route to be a chartered professional (which is good) to make the offer attractive to you or to justify its low salary offer? But you can't be a Chartered professional (or to be employed as such) without being qualified by the relevant body, in your case the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).

Well, at least in Engineering it works that way.

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by david24 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 am

lolo2 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:28 pm
david24 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm
My employer wishes to offer me a role of "Charted Office Manager".
I guess you mean Chartered Office Manager?

To be a Chartered professional the candidate should demonstrate a combination of education and professional experience in the field in order to apply for chartership. Do you have any previous relevant experience as an Office Manager?

Perhaps your employer is offering you the route to be a chartered professional (which is good) to make the offer attractive to you or to justify its low salary offer? But you can't be a Chartered professional (or to be employed as such) without being qualified by the relevant body, in your case the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).

Well, at least in Engineering it works that way.
Yes I will get registered with CMI and want to qualify under "you’ll be working towards full registration or chartered status in the job you’re being sponsored for"

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 am

Just because you join a professional charted organisation does not get you to working towards a professional qualification. It is not an instant badge that can be applied. It is not intended as a study towards activity but a period of professional practice that is required post qualification to assess you professional competence to become fully charted and therefore accredited.

Have you got an exemption through your previous qualifications to enter into the professional period of assessment?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:06 pm

david24 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 am
Yes I will get registered with CMI and want to qualify under "you’ll be working towards full registration or chartered status in the job you’re being sponsored for"
In that case you would be employed as a graduate professional, I don't know what is the subject of your Master or degree. And they seem to be offering you a path to be a Chartered Manager, which is completely possible, but you will start your application in no less than 3 years after you start working in a management role, depending on your circumstances.

You can join CMI as an affiliate member since you graduate, but there are some requirements for chartership. From CMI's website:

- A CMI Diploma qualification (at level 5 or above) and at least 3 years’ experience in a management role.
- A degree level qualification that is management, business or leadership focused; plus 3 years’ experience in a management role.
- Or - at least 5 years’ management experience (equivalent to Level 5 or operational / senior management level) if you don’t have a management specific qualification.

Basically you can't be employed as a "Chartered Office Manager" without being Chartered first. You need to double check this with your potential employer.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:14 am

So you are essentially being offered an office manager role. The route to the charted status is as described by the previous post. Therefore the employer will have to meet the full rate for the job.

Perhaps you might want to ask the question are they prepared to meet the full rate, I sincerely hope they are able to do so.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:01 am

What is your age? If you were under 26 at the time of application a reduction in the going rate would apply.

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by david24 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm

manci wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:01 am
What is your age? If you were under 26 at the time of application a reduction in the going rate would apply.
Thank you very much for all your responses to this matter. I have a last question

My employer is willing to sponsor me Tier2 in the "Tradebale points option E category".
In order to qualify for Tier2 in the new entrant category, there are several requirements that the applicant should meet as per the "Tradeable points option E: new entrant to the labour market" which can be read on the guidelines by the UK govt (link attached below). I am being a non-UK graduate unable to meet all the criteria . However there is only one option left in this category E through which I can be qualified for Tier 2 application. This criterion says that the applicant can be qualified if only “the applicant is working towards full registration or chartered status with the relevant professional body for the job they are being sponsored for”. Please could you give some insights on how this charted system work? Thanks so much in advance!

Please see the link below to get the clear idea about the "Tradebale points option E"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q_1 ... sp=sharing

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm

You didn't answer the question about your age but I shall assume that you are not under 26.

THE FACTS

You are are at present an intern on a T5 (GAE) visa. Your employer is prepared to sponsor you as a Skilled Worker but wants you to be accepted by UKVI as a new entrant so as to benefit from a reduced minimum salary. The job would be SOC 4161, office manager.

THE RULES FOR NEW ENTRANTS

I think the relevant rule that may be shown to be applicable to you is:

Applicant is working towards a recognised professional qualification in a UK-regulated profession.

If the sponsor goes for this the caseworker would have to :

Check to confirm whether the job is in a UK-regulated profession. A job qualifies if it appears on any of the four lists. You should request further job details from the sponsor if the sponsor has stated the applicant is working towards a professional qualification and it is unclear whether the job is in a UK-regulated profession. The sponsor must confirm which recognised professional qualification the applicant is working towards – this must be a qualification accepted by the regulatory body for the profession.

CMI MEMBERSHIP - THE ROUTE TO A RECOGNISED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION

The CMI has the following membership grades:

Affiliate
The starting point of your CMI membership journey. Once in membership, you can upgrade depending on your qualifications and/or experience.

You are an experienced manager with a proven track record and have…

A management qualification at degree level* or higher and 3 years’ management experience.
OR
A minimum of 5 years' management experience if you do not hold a management qualification

Chartered member
Available to anyone who meets the Member (MCMI) criteria plus the successful completion of CMI’s Chartered Manager Assessment

OPINION
IMHO to have a sporting chance to be accepted as a new entrant you would need to join the CMI as an Affiliate member before the sponsor assigns a CoS to you.

david24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by david24 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:54 am

Thank you for your detailed response and providing clarification to my preliminary queries.