ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected. They screwed up my working experience...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korben Dallas

Rejected. They screwed up my working experience...

Post by Korben Dallas » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:02 am

Hi guys,

Bad news from me. Application has been rejected. All the process took 10 days. The main reason: not graduated working experience.
Let's say I got MSc in networks, but worked as a marketer/purchaser and not developer or something. I'm VP of the company with 3 years experience, but it didn't count.

Needless to say that I'm totally destroyed and feel like shit :evil:
Any suggestions how I can resubmit to get approved? I have those damned 28 days...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:51 am

sorry to hear about your application. my only question is can you not get a letter from the company saying that you were employed as Graduate marketing ... or whatever else you were doing. i am sure whether the Degree and the area of work experience who to be directly related, so long as the work you are doing is for graduate level

kcr

Re: Rejected. They screwed up my working experience...

Post by kcr » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:43 am

Korben Dallas wrote:Hi guys,

Bad news from me. Application has been rejected......
Any suggestions how I can resubmit to get approved? I have those damned 28 days...
sorry to hear about the rejection Korben. Can you please give the details of the points you had claimed and the documents you had submitted as evidence for your work experience? I am sure there are lots of members who could help you out, if it wasnt presented properly.
You can always appeal or make another application and present it in a proper way, based on the inputs.
Please also let know your application details such as the first 3 numbers of your reference numbers and the date the application was recvd by the HSMP team.

wish you all the best

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Ok. Here are the details. Now I feel much better after a day thinking over it and ready to fight :twisted: .

I submitted my app on January 28. It arrived Jan 31.
I got the ref number by mail 345xx on Feb 7.
As I mentioned, I got the parcel notification yesterday and got it received from mail office today morning. The date on the letter is Feb 10.

I understood from this letter that I can resubmit my app from the beginning or/and appeal for current one.
I'm going to write long long reference letter showing how I'm connected to the area I learnt and stuff. I really need your help guys not to fall down again. ANY SUGGESTION IS KINDLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks for feeling for me and GOOD LUCK to all applicants!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:53 pm

Hi Korben. Was your work experience letter for a three year position in the same company? Did you put details of job responsibilities? When I wrote mine, I put why some responsibilities would require a graduate degree, it's something to keep in mind when you rewrite your letter.

If you're submitting a new letter btw, you'll have to pay another £150, paid appeal. But it is worth it if the letters you sent in before weren't detailed enough. Take heart in the fact that there are posters here who were quickly approved after going through this process.

Good luck! :)
Korben Dallas wrote:Ok. Here are the details. Now I feel much better after a day thinking over it and ready to fight :twisted: .

I submitted my app on January 28. It arrived Jan 31.
I got the ref number by mail 345xx on Feb 7.
As I mentioned, I got the parcel notification yesterday and got it received from mail office today morning. The date on the letter is Feb 10.

I understood from this letter that I can resubmit my app from the beginning or/and appeal for current one.
I'm going to write long long reference letter showing how I'm connected to the area I learnt and stuff. I really need your help guys not to fall down again. ANY SUGGESTION IS KINDLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks for feeling for me and GOOD LUCK to all applicants!

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:18 pm

If you have access to it, I would include a copy of your job description and educational requirements verified by your employer (usually available at the time of application or given by employer shortly after hiring). If you can show that the job REQUIRED a graduate degree at the outset, I think they'd have a hard time disqualifying you on that basis.

Best of luck with your appeal!

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:42 pm

bani wrote:Hi Korben. Was your work experience letter for a three year position in the same company? Did you put details of job responsibilities? When I wrote mine, I put why some responsibilities would require a graduate degree, it's something to keep in mind when you rewrite your letter.
I have 1 year experience working in a big company as a purchaser. I got this job immediately after finishing the university with second degree (which they didn't count despite 2 diplomas I attached - hell, I don't care - tnx for 1). It was pure procurement, but in confectionery industry. Then (Jan 2003) I started working at my current work place as a purchaser also (but in education related field - electronics) and since May 2004 I obtained a VP Marketing position. It's not bad considering that I'm new to the country of my current residence (I relocated to here 2.5 years ago with no language at all). So imagine a guy working hard and getting a managerial role - what they need more?? :roll: Who cares about graduate work when it is hard to find any kind of work nowadays? I have more than that - managerial position in short period. Do I qualify like an idiot or a liar? Or am I not having enough work experience? I wish them trying to become VP with no experience in the field :x

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:13 pm

Guys,

Another query.
I'm going to speak/write/fax to HSMP a detailed report on the topic, but I can not realize whether to re-apply (say submit new app with old ref num) or just to arrange explanation letter? Will they require payment and old docs for the explanation letter?

Btw, they didn't send me few docs (translated ones): wage slips, diplomas, etc. They returned originals, but forgot translations so it will take me an extra time to get them printed/sealed and I have 5 more days left to react. Pls advise which scheme I should choose. Tnx!

JhonnyECU

ON the same boat!!

Post by JhonnyECU » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:46 pm

Dear Korben and other HSMP applicants,

I am sorry to hear about your application being refused. I experienced the SAME awful experience yesterday. i am in shock and dont know exactly what to do. i am looking for ALL the possible help!!

From what i have researched so far, we have two options:

1. Appeal- :twisted:

We can only "ask for the HSMP Team to REVIEW their decision ONLY if we explain why we feel our applications were wrongly refused and adress the reasons for refusal given on our decision letter".) only the original information provided will be reviewed.

THEIR email said that "A response will be issued to all other enquiries within fifhteen working days". It did NOT state a response duration for THIS kind of appeal enquiry (review). hmm...intriguing!

2. Make a NEW, FRESH application :?

This application should be VERY much more efficient, we have the possibility to add a MORE specific and better "Letter of Reference of Employment" which clearly states our graduated experience or a more solid explanation of a this unclear "Significant Achievement"

In my case, it is funny enough:

A. they DIDNT consider my almost 3 years of international experience in USA, Germany and Spain as one of Graduated experience. WHERE on earth do you get jobs abroad without AT LEAST a university diploma and TONS of experience and qualifications????

Anyways, I held several posts as Production assistant, Editorial assistant, etc, in TV and Film productions. As a freelance, i was even directing some interviews and definitely provinding a resourceful support to WAY more experienced directors (including Taylor Hackford, Best Director nominee for this years' Oscars) and producers (MTV, ZDF, etc). If i were to compare THAT resposibilities and duties with the ones i would have in my Homeland Ecuador, i would be a senior position already. :shock:

B. They do NOT consider the fact that i won a NATIONAL short film festival back when i was 22 as Significant Achievement. I sent them one letter from the Ecuadorian House of Culture (most important cultural institution in my country) which states taht i have a NATIONAL recognition from my peers (other participants) and THIS institution. additionally, i have a letter from the Ecuadorian Minister of Culture, explaining the same.

BOTH institutions are the most important ones here to recognize some "artistic achievement" :!:

should i make new lettes stating the fact that this national festival meant some important development for upocoming international film festivals? and that my work DID encourage young filmmakers to continue their work? In my field it is more common to make a film than to write a book, for obvious reasons! so what is up with that?

I think that HSMP ONLY considers something as significant achievement if it has been of international recognition. contradictory, they said the opposite in their guidance notes. :evil:

i have better and more powerful letters of employemnte especially one form germany which i got in dec 04, almost 3 months after applying for the first time

then, i flew to london and even got a few interviews on a visitor visa. i got a JOB offer which i faxed to Sheffield on 21.12.04. and now, they copme to me and say i dont have the qualifications or experienced required and that my significant achievemnt is nothing??? :evil:

i simply DO NOT understand what went wrong...coud any one PLEASE give me some lights to follow?? :idea: :idea: :idea:

thanks so much for all the advice

if you prefer to write me directly to my email:
jhonnyzurita@hotmail.com

appreciate every piece of help i can get :D

yours,

jhonny

simar

Post by simar » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:30 am

Hi JhonnyECU,
Try to understand one thing. HSMP is meant for UK to leap forward in economic terms. For that they prefer people who are in short supply in specific areas. Through this is not mention in the policy so far. But will come up soon in new first tier point system.
Please do not get upset over non recognition of your graduate work experience. Even I got zero points from graduate experience despite having 10 year B1 visa of US & making numerous foreign trips from India for onsite projects in software domain.
This work experience is entirely a subjective assessment that got stronger if you can show points in earning too. Try get reference letters from your seniors/employers. That defines your work experience.