ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Results delayed by Covid - not a good enough explanation anymore

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Results delayed by Covid - not a good enough explanation anymore

Post by limey10 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:01 am

Type of visa applying for: Set(M) - ILR
Completed online application: 27 September 2020
Uploaded documents: 15 October 2020
Booked biometric's appointment: 16 October 2020
Received email saying visa was granted: 01 February 2021
It's great to see someone receiving their "granted" email, I really am truly happy for them.

But when I have paid just as much money as them and everyone else on this forum, it really upsets me when I have made my application a full 1 month earlier than this person and still no result - No explanation, No contact from UKVI, No nothing! This, is on top of other categories receiving their results within 1 or 2 months and even less, is a real kick in the teeth!

Am I the only one who is supremely disappointed with this whole process?

Would the moderators consider creating an area where members can vent their anger?

luv_pocky
inactive
Japan

Re: Results delayed by Covid - not a good enough explanation anymore

Post by luv_pocky » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 am

I am in the same boat as you. I know how you feel. I applied on 28th August and still waiting. I am happy for september applicants who have received approval,as well but at the same time this gives me confusion and frustration. My anxiety is becoming even worse and I start taking therapies. I have a spouse and a child with learning disabilities. My spouse is struggling to cope with anxiety due to the waiting game plus his hard work.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Results delayed by Covid - not a good enough explanation anymore

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:37 pm

There is no guaranteed pattern or timeframe. Your frustrations are understandable during these difficult times but unfortunately, no one can tell you why your application is taking longer. Please wait to hear back as each application has unique conditions and will be decided in its own timeframe.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice