ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds and stay outside uk for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MoeAbbas
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Public funds and stay outside uk for ILR

Post by MoeAbbas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:24 am

Good morning 

I have a question related to public funds due to COVID. Recently someone told me about tax relief due to working from home and work expenses during covid (https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo ... ng-at-home) ;

Does this count as public funds for immigration purpose ? I need to apply for my indefinite leave to remain this month so I want to know if it affects it.

Another question

During last year may to july 2021 I went back to my country due to the lockdown we were in, I was in furlough so I though I spend the time with my family. I didnt cross the 180 days threshold during a rolling year or anything and my employer obviously knew about it and it's in the letter they gave me to support my ILR but since I was there for 2 months it was obviously more than annual leave duration (also airports were closed and I couldn't fly back earlier) my question is this: does t affect my ILR? Do I need to provide anything related to airports closure ? Or no simply the letter from my employer detailing all my absences is enough?

Thank you all

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Public funds and stay outside uk for ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Employment-related tax relief is NOT related to public funds. There is no requirement that your absence must be less than the usual annual leave :? No extra documents needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice