ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form professional referee and applicant photo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldsurfer
India

MN1 form professional referee and applicant photo

Post by goldsurfer » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:39 pm

Hi Members,

I am filling MN1 form for my son and had a couple of queries:

1. Referee with professional qualification: Does this referee needs to be British Citizen or a person holding ILR will suffice?

2. Applicant Photo: due to covid shutdown how can I manage to get updated photo for the applicant?

3. Referees are used to writing name of the applicant and their signature behind passport photo and then stick on the reference form. Is this needed now since reference forms are uploaded directly as supporting documents on UKVI website and not physically sent to HO?

4. Due to lockdown, I cannot visit house of the referee. Is it fine if he signs the reference letter, scan and send it to me.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 form professional referee and applicant photo

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:48 pm

goldsurfer wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:39 pm
Hi Members,

I am filling MN1 form for my son and had a couple of queries:

1. Referee with professional qualification: Does this referee needs to be British Citizen or a person holding ILR will suffice?
Any nationality is fine

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

2. Applicant Photo: due to covid shutdown how can I manage to get updated photo for the applicant?
You can wait till lockdown finishes or find alternative ways for example a digital camera at home and print in boots etc or find a photo booth etc

3. Referees are used to writing name of the applicant and their signature behind passport photo and then stick on the reference form. Is this needed now since reference forms are uploaded directly as supporting documents on UKVI website and not physically sent to HO?
Follow the instructions on the form. Scan and upload. Keep originals safe till a decision is made.

4. Due to lockdown, I cannot visit house of the referee. Is it fine if he signs the reference letter, scan and send it to me.
Use postal service

Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

goldsurfer
India

Re: MN1 form professional referee and applicant photo

Post by goldsurfer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Many Thanks for your reply.