ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query for TIER 2 Skilled Worker Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abtan
Newly Registered
India

ILR Query for TIER 2 Skilled Worker Visa

Post by abtan » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Tier 2 General Visa during 2016, wife and kid came after 3 months on Tier 2 Dependent Visa. Wife was able to negotiate separate sponsorship from her employer during Oct 2018 and shifted from Tier 2 Dependent visa to Tier 2 General Visa.

Query - As I am eligible to apply for ILR in 2021, how will my wife's case be treated for ILR on 5 year route ? Will her shifting from being dependent to general on Tier -2 have any impact on the ILR route? any thoughts pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Query for TIER 2 Skilled Worker Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:13 pm

As I am eligible to apply for ILR in 2021, how will my wife's case be treated for ILR on 5 year route ?

Irrelevant to your ilr. She must qualify in her own right after 5 years in her current visa route
Will her shifting from being dependent to general on Tier -2 have any impact on the ILR route?
By changing from a dependent visa to her own tier 2, her 5 year ilr clock reset to zero in October 2018.

You cannot combine tier 2 dependent time with tier 2 main visa holder time to make up 5 years for ilr.

Your child will also only qualify for ilr when your wife does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.