ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

one year ILR requirement before naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahmeer75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

one year ILR requirement before naturalisation application

Post by shahmeer75 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi,

When i was married, i was on ILR but when my wife came to the UK i was a British citizen (had my naturalisation already completed and had my British Passport). My wife residency period started when she arrived in the UK. She has got her ILR now.
I am confused if she needs to wait for another year on ILR before applying for naturalisation or can she apply now?

Secondly, it is 3 years residency requirement she needs to show and use AN form to fill in or am i looking at the wrong form?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: one year ILR requirement before naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 pm

I am confused if she needs to wait for another year on ILR before applying for naturalisation or can she apply now?
She can apply now as the spouse of a British citizensl if she meets all the 3 year requirements.
Secondly, it is 3 years residency requirement she needs to show and use AN form to fill in or am i looking at the wrong form?
Yes and yes, form AN. There is only ONE form for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.