ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's approval letter - no certificate for more than 4 weeks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Justo
United Kingdom

Child's approval letter - no certificate for more than 4 weeks

Post by Justo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:37 am

Me and my son applied for naturalisation via Tier 2 General + 1 year ILR route. I have received one approval letter via email on 30/11/2020 saying that
This will not affect XXX XXX application as he does not need to attend a
ceremony. His certificate will be sent directly to you within the next four
weeks.
Promised four weeks has passed while ago and still no certificate was received. Is this normal during pandemic? Is there any route to enquire about overdue status? (I would also like to enquire about myself as it's been awhile since email was received and there were no correspondance via post).

Justo
United Kingdom

Re: Child's approval letter - no certificate for more than 4 weeks

Post by Justo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:46 am

Does anybody have a view on this issue? Any phone numbers or emails I need to reach out to? Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:15 am

It’s been a while since November, you can call HO first and see their response. I think they are overwhelmed because of the pandemic
Bizman

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Regarding approval letter and certificate, if you apply at the same time as your child you will only receive the child registration certificate during your ceremony.

This is my own story regarding your issue:- I received an email from Home Office that my application with two children was approved on 16th October 2020 and that children registration certificate is on the way. After 4 week I sent 3 emails to HO and no reply until on 30th of November 2020 when HO sent another approval through email and advised on the letter not to get in touch with them or my council until after 3 week. To cut the long story short, I received invitation letter from Home Office through the post on 2nd of February 2021 and booked my ceremony for 9th of February 2021, the ceremony is at LBBD, group of six new citizens and less than 10 minutes, I collected my certificate and that of my children on the same day.