ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tripple citizenship allowed??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leon2019
United Kingdom

Tripple citizenship allowed??

Post by leon2019 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi all,

I apologise in advance for posting this question here as I have no clue what category this might fall into.

I have adopted my wife's daughter legally in the UK who is a British citizen now. She was born in Ukraine and also has Ukrainian citizenship.

I am her dad and am dual citizen Pakistani / British. I want to apply for her Pakistani National ID card / Citizenship. I have massive confusion as it will be allowed for her to have three citizenships? I have contacted Pakistani consulate in Manchester and Ukrainian consulate in London; both have no idea as how it will work. I am sure it will be easier to get her Pakistani citizenship however, will she be at risk of losing her Ukrainian citizenshp or british??...

Please anyone can advice if you happen to know anything about it or where I can get official information??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tripple citizenship allowed??

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 pm

British citizens can have multiple citizenships, no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leon2019
United Kingdom

Post by leon2019 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:28 pm

thanks CR001 for your reply.

I have read the same on google seach however there is no official information from UKVI or Gov.uk about it... any weblink where I can provide it to the Ukrainian consulate .. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:49 pm

There would only be official information if the UK did NOT permit multiple citizenship.

We have members on the forum with 3 or more citizenships, no issues.

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:07 am

As far as I remember it is Ukraine which has issues with its citizens acquiring another citizenship. So look into it, or ask your wife to do it.
I think though that they are OK if it is a minor who gets 2nd/3td citizenship, so your daughter should be fine.
UK does not care (I have 4 passports and neither of four countries cares - and I reported them, to UK in particular)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.