ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children's application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

estuarie
United Kingdom

Children's application

Post by estuarie » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Hello,

I applied for my naturalisation in September 2020, received the decision in November, and now wait for my council to invite me for the online ceremony, the council confirmed that they already received my naturalisation certificate. My spouse and our two children, who were born outside the UK, got their ILRs in December.

I applied for my children's registration some time ago and now wait for their biometric appointment. In their MN1 form I chose these grounds for applying: "One or both of your parents is applying for British
citizenship". And then, in hindsight, I started worrying if this was correct: technically speaking they are not applying on the same date as myself and I already have the decision. However, I am not yet a British citizen as there was no ceremony and I do not yet have my certificate. Did I make a mistake?

Your help will be very much appreciated.