ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Duplicate Degree

Post by ssheik » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi,

My sister has applied for HSMP from India last year and she hasnt received her original documents back so far. She applied for a duplicate and the university recently issued a duplicate of her original degree certificate.
Now, she is planning to apply for UK Tier 1 and her qualification from the Univeristy is on the NARIC database. Is the duplicate(not copy) of the original degree certificate enough to claim 30 points awarded for bachelors degree?

The following section caught my attention in the UK Tier 1 guidance document.

The original certificate of award must always be provided unless the applicant is awaiting graduation having successfully completed their degree or the applicant no longer has the certificate and the institution who issued the certificate is unable to produce a replacement.

Is "duplicate" degree issued by the university considered as replacement of the original degree certificate?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sami.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Yes. As long as it is verifiable at the university.

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Duplicate Degree

Post by ssheik » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Sunny

Thanks for the response.
Have you known anyone getting through HSMP/Tier 1 with a duplicate degree as proof?

Regards
Sami.

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

duplicate degree

Post by ssheik » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to update this thread with the information I received from the UK Border Agency. Hope this information helps anyone who has lost their Original degree.

-------------------------
Dear Sami,
Thank you for your email.
As long as the duplicate contained all the information as the original it would be classed as a replacement.
If you are unsure please enclose a letter from the Educational establishment confirming they have issued you with a replacement certificate.
I hope this is helpful.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Telephone: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000
-------------------------