ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application for the Child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ovaisa2000
Newly Registered

Passport application for the Child born abroad

Post by ovaisa2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:32 am

Hi All,
I am a British citizen through ILR route since 2014 and living in UK. My both sons were born in Pakistan in 2018 and 2019. Please note that my wife does not have any residential rights to live in UK.
I would like to apply British passport for my both Sons.
Do I need to complete MN1 form and register them as a British citizen and then apply for a passport?
Or do I need to submit a passport application directly without following naturalization process?
Can you please confirm what documents are required to make/ support the application?
Thank you
Kind Regards

secret.simon

Re: Passport application for the Child born abroad

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:04 am

Provided the children were born after the date on your naturalisation certificate, they are British citizens by descent and you can apply for a British passport for them directly.

You will need your naturalisation certificate and their birth certificates.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.