ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for kid born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Citizenship for kid born in the UK

Post by peakdis » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Greetings to All.

I am currently a Tier 2 worker in the UK. My kid was born in the UK 2 years ago. I am planning to apply for the ILR next year when I will be eligible.

There is a pretty high chance that we will do the following,

I will get the ILR but don't apply a citizenship for her. Then we will leave this country (but I come back at least once every two years to keep the ILR), and come back saying several years later. During this period, she might or might not come to UK with a visitor visa.

Does anyone know if the kid will be able to apply for a citizenship before being 18 year old in this case?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for kid born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:14 pm

1. Short visits to the UK does not maintain your ilr status. You risk being refused entry and ilr cancelled as you are no longer settled in the UK.

2. A UK born child can register as British once either parent gets ilr up until the day before they turn 18, it is an entitlement to register and can be applied for in the UK or from abroad. After 18, she can't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.