ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Biometric card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tastylentils

Renewing Biometric card

Post by tastylentils » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi there I'm getting very confused about how to do this?

My wife had a biometric residence card as family member of an eu citizen. After brexit she applied for first pre settled status and then settled status which she got but no new biometric card was issued and now her old one has expired.

We've been looking through the government website and it has led us to commercial arm of visa service asking for £138 to set up an appointment. I'm just wondering if that's correct option for her, as it seems more costly than I would have expected under the scheme.

Thanks for any help

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Renewing Biometric card

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:09 pm

Hello

It's easy. Follow this link:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

Then click on the green button "Apply Now".

Once you submit the application, you'll have to book an appointment for biometrics. Depending on the extra services you pick-up, you'll have to pay.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Oh applying is easy, but I'm hesitating paying the 138 pounds because I can't quite believe they're asking all EU citizens for that amount. Is that correct amount that eu citizens have to pay to renew a biometric card?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:49 pm

tastylentils wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:45 pm
Oh applying is easy, but I'm hesitating paying the 138 pounds because I can't quite believe they're asking all EU citizens for that amount. Is that correct amount that eu citizens have to pay to renew a biometric card?
She's a non-EU citizen, isn't she? You mean you can't believe non-EU family members of EU citizens have to pay £138? You should see the fees for all the other immigration categories, and the health surcharge...
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:35 pm

Does that mean the standard fee for a renewal of biometric card for EU citizen is 138 pounds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 pm

No, the fee is the ukcvas biomteric enrollment fee. Ukcvas is a third party contract agency and not UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.