ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some confusion about IELTS

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mbasmart

Some confusion about IELTS

Post by mbasmart » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:53 am

Hi, i did IELTS about 9 months ago, my IELTS score was:

speaking 8, writing 8, listening 5, reading 5.5, Overall 6.5

Keeping in view the above, could anyone tell me how many points can i claim for my language ability while applying for AustralianImmigration? is it 15, 20, 25 or 30?

Thannks

imsocute
Newly Registered

Re: Some confusion about IELTS

Post by imsocute » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:20 am

mbasmart wrote:Hi, i did IELTS about 9 months ago, my IELTS score was:

speaking 8, writing 8, listening 5, reading 5.5, Overall 6.5

Keeping in view the above, could anyone tell me how many points can i claim for my language ability while applying for AustralianImmigration? is it 15, 20, 25 or 30?

Thannks
Unfortunately, you do not meet the DIAC requirement for having competent english and therefore are not qualified for this IELTS results, you need to sit on another IELTS exam and try to get a higher score of at least 6 on all the components. DIAC will not look at your results on the average basis but on each and every band, if still confused then check the DIAC booklet 6 all the answers are there. Hope this helps!