ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - financial and address queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension - financial and address queries

Post by y2kmocho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am

Hi,

My wife is in UK under a Spouse settlement Visa until early 2022.
I plan to apply for a visa extension for another 2.5 years just before that expires.
I am a bit worried about the financial requirements evidence.

On the previous visa application I proved I earned more then 18.6K per year with a single company I worked for.
I have lost that job now. I now have a new job but it is a contract job until end of this December 2021.

My worry is if they don't extend further then this December then I may need to find another job around end of this year.
In this case would it normally be fine to show I earned 18.6k or more from more than 1 employer during the 12 months?

My other query is regarding Address proof. I believe I need to provide two years evidence of cohabitation in both our names, from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. Now if I provide the following below would you this this will suffice? Asking as I am not certain if the same type of bills can be used more then once.

2 Different dated Gas bills with both our names from same provider.
2 Different dated Joint Bank Statements with both our names from same Bank.
1 TV License statement for my wife
1 NHS letter for my wife
1 Sky statement for myself
1 NHS letter for myself

I Appreciate any advice.

Kind regards
y2kmocho

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Spouse visa extension - financial and address queries

Post by walker » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:41 am

"My worry is if they don't extend further then this December then I may need to find another job around end of this year. In this case would it normally be fine to show I earned 18.6k or more from more than 1 employer during the 12 months?"

Yes it is fine to show that you earned more £18,600.00 + from more than 1 employer. Also, you could consider with your spouse if he/she is able to find employment and both your incomes could be combined to meet the financial requirement.

Proof of cohabitation

Provide as much correspondence as possible. You can also provide a letter from any other family members living with you to confirm that the 2 of you have been living together. If you are unable to provide enough correspondence just provide an explanation for this.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:30 pm

y2kmocho wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am
Hi,

My wife is in UK under a Spouse settlement Visa until early 2022.
I plan to apply for a visa extension for another 2.5 years just before that expires.
I am a bit worried about the financial requirements evidence.

On the previous visa application I proved I earned more then 18.6K per year with a single company I worked for.
I have lost that job now. I now have a new job but it is a contract job until end of this December 2021.

My worry is if they don't extend further then this December then I may need to find another job around end of this year.
In this case would it normally be fine to show I earned 18.6k or more from more than 1 employer during the 12 months? Employment can be temporary or permanent so this is totally fine. Do you fufil both conditions of CAT B?

My other query is regarding Address proof. I believe I need to provide two years evidence of cohabitation in both our names, from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. Now if I provide the following below would you this this will suffice? Asking as I am not certain if the same type of bills can be used more then once.

2 Different dated Gas bills with both our names from same provider.
2 Different dated Joint Bank Statements with both our names from same Bank.
1 TV License statement for my wife
1 NHS letter for my wife
1 Sky statement for myself
1 NHS letter for myself

I Appreciate any advice.

Kind regards
y2kmocho
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2kmocho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Do you fulfil both conditions of CAT B?

Sorry I am not sure what both conditions are. Kind share please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 pm

CAT B

Page 23

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2kmocho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks.

I won't be too sure if I meet the conditions until I am closer to the date when I apply next year.

Just because I am in non-salaried employment. Just from this employment alone I should be able to earn more then 18.6k within any 12 months given the hours I work. Based on current average it would be around 21k. Hopefully my contracts gets extended past December.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 pm

y2kmocho wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 pm
Thanks.

I won't be too sure if I meet the conditions until I am closer to the date when I apply next year.

Just because I am in non-salaried employment. Just from this employment alone I should be able to earn more then 18.6k within any 12 months given the hours I work. Based on current average it would be around 21k. Hopefully my contracts gets extended past December.
Just pick up more overtime 6 months prior before the date of the application and make sure you are employed at the date of the application.

y2kmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2kmocho » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:44 am

Any advice on the address query?

If I provide the following would you think it suffice:

2 Different dated Gas bills with both our names from same Gas provider.
2 Different dated Joint Bank Statements with both our names from the same Bank.
2 Different dated electricity bills with both our names from same Electricity provider.

So it will be 6 correspondence each from 3 sources. All spread across 2 years.

Kind regards
y2kmocho