ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS procedure after arrival in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

EUSS procedure after arrival in UK

Post by mandrack111 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:02 am

Hello,
I am an EU national with pre-setlled status. My wife is non EU and she applied for EUSS family permit to join me in UK(which I understood should be valid for 6 months).

What is the procedure after arriving in UK? Does she also apply for EU settlement scheme? Since she is not EU, does she needs to leave biometrics again? How long that process last?
Also, what about residence cards?

thanks in advance

kamoe
European Union

Re: EUSS procedure after arrival in UK

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 am

mandrack111 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:02 am
What is the procedure after arriving in UK? Does she also apply for EU settlement scheme?
Yes, the right procedure for her is to apply for the Settlement Scheme once she arrives in the UK. Since, as you said, the EUSS FP is valid for 6 months, what would she have after those 6 months otherwise?
Since she is not EU, does she needs to leave biometrics again?
Yes.
How long that process last?
Each case is different, but some recent reports show around a month. This can vary though. You can keep an eye on the most recent timelines here.
Also, what about residence cards?
In her case, she will be issued a card as part of the process, the biometrics is precisely for that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by mandrack111 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:25 am

thanks for the explanation !

Markonetti
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Markonetti » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:43 am

I am settled, my wife and my daughter stays in Ireland Republic for my daughter education,my wife is non eu ,my daughter eu,however they used to live in uk before that with me.
I have applied for my daughter in absentia so she never came here ,she got settled status granted as she take my residency time and doesn't have to be present in uk.
My wife applied for Euss family permit from Dublin, once she had she came to UK just to apply, so she did and application was for pre settled status for her however HO granted her settled status I didn't expect, fly ticket and marriage cert was only proof for her.