ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a mistake in my ILR application affect my citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghocifer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can a mistake in my ILR application affect my citizenship?

Post by ghocifer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:47 am

Hello all!

I have applied for an ILR in Dec 2020 and was approved in Jan 2021 (Refugee settlement).

1- I'm in the process of applying for a citizenship atm (my wife is British). I just noticed as I was reviewing my answers in my ILR application that I mistakenly typed the wrong birthday for my wife. Do you think this would affect my citizenship application? Should I provide a statement with my citizenship application pointing at this mistake?

2- One of the questions in the ILR application was "Do you have the details of your most recent expired passport?" I answered "No" because I lost my passport and didn't have any copies of it. I just noticed, while checking the documents to attach to the citizenship application, that my marriage certificate mentions my passport number. Do you think this would affect my citizenship application? Should I provide a statement with my citizenship application pointing at this mistake?

3- We got married in Dubai and our marriage certificate is signed and stamped by a judge from Dubai courts, in addition to a stamp from the UAE ministry of foreign affairs. We also had the certificate translated to English using a sworn translator in Dubai. Do you think they will accept the translation that was done in Dubai or should I have a UK certified translator do it again?

4- My wife is a dual citizen and was using her other nationality to stay in Dubai. our marriage certificate doesn't mention that she is British. How can we go about proving that it is indeed the same person?

Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can a mistake in my ILR application affect my citizenship?

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:09 pm

1 - No issues. Mistakes do happen. Just enter the correct one in the citizenship application.

2 - If you found it, enter it.

3 - Use the one translated in Dubai. It should be fine

4 - Add a copy of her British passport to make sure it's not disputed she is British