ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Availability of priority service for ILR(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marinaivanova
Newly Registered
Russia

Date of first entry to the UK - ILR application

Post by marinaivanova » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Hello, my immigration history is:
Tier 4 General visa, entered the UK on 16 September 2012
Tier 4 Doctorate extension scheme (applied from inside the UK) valid from 12 December 2016
Tier 2 General (applied from inside the UK) valid from 6 December 2017
Tier 2 General (applied from inside the UK) valid from 29 July 2019
Global talent visa, endorsed by UKRI (applied from inside the UK) valid from 23 August 2020

I am now applying a ILR SET(O) based on 3 years of Tier 2 general + GTV combined.

I am bit confused about the question in the ILR application:
When did you first enter the UK? This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

Should I put the date when I actually first entered the UK (16 Sep 2012) or the date when period of stay I am basing my application on started (which would be the start of my Tier 2 visa on 6 December 2017)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Date of first entry to the UK - ILR application

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:26 pm

That question is not important. Your application is not affected if you put either of them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marinaivanova
Newly Registered
Russia

Availability of priority service for ILR(O)

Post by marinaivanova » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Hello, I am applying for ILR (O) after 3 years on GTV + Tier2. My understanding was that the priority service has been resumed for all ILR (O) application, but when I reach the payment page of my application the only option showed to me is the standard application. Does anyone know if every ILR(O) application gets offered a priority service or are there any conditions that need to be met or is there a glitch in the system and it should be available? Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Availability of priority service for ILR(O)

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 pm

marinaivanova wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:23 pm
Hello, I am applying for ILR (O) after 3 years on GTV + Tier2. My understanding was that the priority service has been resumed for all ILR (O) application, but when I reach the payment page of my application the only option showed to me is the standard application. Does anyone know if every ILR(O) application gets offered a priority service or are there any conditions that need to be met or is there a glitch in the system and it should be available? Thanks in advance!
First of all, keep your questions regarding your ILR application under one thread. Do not create new topics.
There is no such thing as ILR(O) form. Do you mean SET(O) ?!
Service availability is whatever the online system offers and only certain visa holders qualify: https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marinaivanova
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by marinaivanova » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:12 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 pm
First of all, keep your questions regarding your ILR application under one thread. Do not create new topics.
Apologies!

And thank you very much for your help!

marinaivanova
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by marinaivanova » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:39 am

Dear Zimba,

One more question regarding the application. I am originally from Russia so I am required to register at the police. I received a new visa last summer, but I couldn't update my registration because OVRO was closed. I also changed the job at the beginning of October, and as far as I know OVRO reopened around the same time, but I missed when exactly it had reopened and I only realised almost a month later that the OVRO finally resumed registrations (I couldn't update my job at a local police station because my registration certificate is full so I had to go to OVRO). I tried to book an appointment for quite a few days, but there was none available, finally on the 6th of November I managed to get an appointment and the earliest available date was 15th of April.

I am required to produce my certificate as part of my ILR application, but it's out of date and doesn't have records for my current visa or my current job. Should I attach a cover letter and an appointment confirmation to explain the situation? Thanks in advance for your advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Yes you can but this is a minor issue

marinaivanova
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by marinaivanova » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Dear Zimba and other moderators, I just wanted to thank you all for keeping this forum going, it's been a lot of help for so many people!

I ended up attaching the letter explaining why I haven't updated my police certificate and the ILR has already been approved.