ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent visa - studying abroad

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aws2
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent visa - studying abroad

Post by aws2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:20 am

I came to UK on 3 year Tier 2 General visa in Nov 2019. It is valid until Nov 2022. My daughter is studying in India. She is on Tier 2 dependent visa. She comes to UK every year twice during her term break on Tier 2 dependent visa. Her date of birth is Dec 2004. When I extend my Tier 2 general visa in Nov 2022 for another 3 years, she will be 17 years and 11 months old, will she get Tier 2 dependent visa and for how many years (Till age 18 or Till age 21)?

If she wants to apply for UK colleges in summer 2024, she would have completed 19 years, will she be eligible to apply for UK college with Tier 2 general dependent visa? or does she need to apply in student visa?

aws2
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa - studying abroad

Post by aws2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 am

Could anyone help with the above request please?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:55 pm

aws2 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:20 am
When I extend my Tier 2 general visa in Nov 2022 for another 3 years, she will be 17 years and 11 months old, will she get Tier 2 dependent visa and for how many years (Till age 18 or Till age 21)?
As per information on the Skilled Worker visa (Former Tier 2) their visa will end on the same date as yours, age doesn't seem to matter:
Your partner and children
Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.
But I have a bigger question for you: Why pay for a dependent visa for your daughter when she isn't really living with you? A visitor visa is much cheaper, as it would be a student visa come the time? Doesn't make much sense to me.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Also, having a Tier 2 dependent visa doesn't offer any advantages for her towards ILR since the residence requirements aren't met. In case that was the intent.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.