ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KayPee

Spouse Visa Extension from India

Post by KayPee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi there,

My wife's spouse visa expires at the end of March, she is stuck in India. Can she make an Spouse Visa extension application whilst in India?

secret.simon

Re: Spouse Visa Extension from India

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:43 pm

To the best of my knowledge, visa extensions can only be made from within the UK.

If the visa expires while she is abroad, she would need to apply for a fresh spousal entry visa and it is likely that her ILR counter will be reset to zero (i.e. she will need to complete five years from this new entry visa).

But wait for others to advise.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:46 am

Thank you Simon, for your quick response. Isn't this an unprecedented situation for UKBA? They've already made an adjustment to the financial requirements in the wake of it, I'm failing to fathom why aren't there any leeway for stranded applicants? (Sorry for the rant, couldn't help!)

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:48 am

Thank you Simon, for your quick response. Isn't this an unprecedented situation for UKBA? They've already made an adjustment to the financial requirements in the wake of it, I'm failing to fathom why aren't there any leeway for stranded applicants? (Sorry for the rant, couldn't help!)