ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer problem at airport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mteja
United Kingdom

Overstayer problem at airport

Post by mteja » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:47 am

Mteja is used by myself and my hubby to be in this forum. Just so i dont confuse anyone;

I am an overstayer..and decided to take advantage of the grace period before first of october and here is my story.

I did overstay my visitor visa and been in UK until yesterday (6years); we(myself and my hubby to be); left UK yesterday the 26th sept.08. we went thro all the checks in in heathrow airport , terminal three..but when we got to the last bit...the immigration officer who checks the passports went thro my passport, then asked me if i was an overstayer i said yes..after answering him, he pulled me aside (myself and my partner) took us to another group of like 4guys.(who identified themselves as UK Border agency).they took me passport..went thro it..told me i was an overster..at this point she took me partners pp..(brit pp)went thro it took his details name etc. My partner asked her why she wanted his passport..she said to him..nothing to do with him..i am an overstayer..at that point she asked me partner to step aside and stand at a distance..so we were left myself and her. she asked me how long myself and partner been together..was i working?(no i dont work)my partner supports me. she rang a number gave my details and said that has been entered(that was a conversation over the phone)..then she gave me a piece of paper writen(It is headed 'Notice to a Person Liable to Removal'. It then goes on with a tick in the box for 'a person subject to administrative removal in accordance with section 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act'. ) and she was left with a copy..asked my partners companys name and his title at job.(she was asking me, my partner still standing far from me) took our UKaddress and then gave me this paper and told me when re applying to come back to UK i should include that paper in my folder that am taking to embassy.

Its saturday today, we are getting married monday, going for TB test Tuesday and hopefully Wednesday(1st october)hand over the file to VAC Nairobi kenya.

Now good people pls help, where do we stand. we thought we did the right thing by living UK before 1st october..paid our own tickets etc..so left voluntarily..

The annoying bit though am still on wrong for being overtayer is, this guys are sat at airport harassing peep living voluntiraliy. I mean i believe i did the right thing ..living voluntarily..but obviously No according to them..thats how it feels.

Kindly advise we are so nervous
togetherness as one

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:19 am

You did do the right thing by leaving voluntarily. Have a search through the forum; there are others that have been stopped on their way out. Just be honest and include the paper you received at the airport with your application. Best of luck.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am

I shouldn't worry. Some people have actually requested this on their way out.

They've just helped you by giving you official proof that you were in the UK at a particular time but left before the deadline (a requirement of the concession).

Now all you have to worry about is providing evidence that you meet the immigration rules and matching your details with whatever was noted during the interview.

Best of.
Oh, the drama...!

ricky

Post by ricky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:39 pm

i gone through exactly the same thing , exactly the same questions and i have one of those removal notice:) which i included with my application and waiting for my interview date :)
you did the right thing by leaving , that form is a proof that you left voluntarily when applying include copies of your flight tickets too

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Do not worry about it. As the previous post states - as long as you meet the immigration rules in order to return you will be fine.

The UKBA lot, want to count the departure as a "removal" for the stats. It does not matter as you were not "removed" by UKBA. There is a distinct difference.

mteja
United Kingdom

Post by mteja » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks everyone for responding to me questions.

Yes have tried to gather as much information as possible. And indeed i will have to add the ticket(e-ticket) in my file.

So with cases like mine there is a high chance of being called for an interview then? anyone got an idea how long it will take before am called in for the interview?

Once again i appreciate all your responses
Many thanks
togetherness as one

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 pm

mteja wrote:Thanks everyone for responding to me questions.

Yes have tried to gather as much information as possible. And indeed i will have to add the ticket(e-ticket) in my file.

So with cases like mine there is a high chance of being called for an interview then? anyone got an idea how long it will take before am called in for the interview?

Once again i appreciate all your responses
Many thanks

Hi Guess you may have already put your file in however to everyone else who left before Oct put everything in the file that shows that you were still the In uk... I have inc everything also a good tip was to write to the Home Office and send all your details of you leaving....

mteja
United Kingdom

Interview

Post by mteja » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 am

Hello everyone,

To all who have been following my post. I presented my documents including our marriage certificate. VHC nairobi on 6th october..they rang me two days after and asked me that the BHC Kenya wanted to interview me on 9th..

So on 9th(yesterday) i went myself and hubby..but unfortunately he was told to remain outside and i was interviewed alone. the interview was about 45min or so. the guy interviewing me kept on asking questions on my stay in UK..with my EX..he said i had breached(broken the law)for overstaying..which i said i was sorry about. he carried on with the interview but most of the questions were to do with my stay in UK ie with my ex..

My story is i was with my ex for a period of three years..had about one year gap before i met my current hubby. Myself and hubby been together for just under two years. But my point is this guy kept on repeating questions about my x..how long i was with him, when i left him etc..i believe i answered correctly and truthfully, the rest of the questions was all that was in questionare form i had filled in for my SPOUSE Visa application..so again i answered as per what i had filled in my application form... this guy interviewing was recording/typing the whole conversation. after the conversation he said i was gonna get the results the next day in Nairobi VAC..(the same place i handed in my application)which is meant to be today..unfortunately its bank holiday in Kenya today , so we are waiting for the results . We are so worried. We are trying to come up with a back up plan just incase am not given the spouse visa on Monday.

We are thinking of one of the European countries maybe IRELAND. What can u advise us good peep in the board.

Once again i appreciate all the contributions you have been advising. many thanks

Mteja
togetherness as one

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:24 pm

@I wish u very good luck

mteja
United Kingdom

Post by mteja » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:56 am

Hello All

Just to thank everyone in this board that has advised on my posts. Also would like to thank the immigration boards for all the advises it offers to people. I never used a solicitor at all..i got my information from this board..ie how to write asponsor letter, evidence etc..once again thanks alot you good people.

I finally got my spouse Visa..it took exactly 11 days (it could been less but had 3days bank holiday and a weekend ie Moi Day,IDI Fittri(sp))since when i did put in my application.

We flew back in UK yesterday..no probs with the UK Border agency..only two questions..how long we had been married, (ECO) also wished as a happy marriage.. :lol: and the second question what was i doing in UK before i left for Kenya. it was in form of a chat ..not an interview really.

So am happy and thanks very much to u all.

God bless
Mteja

nb:got a two year spouse visa..not sure what next..but will dig down in this board and see what happens after the two years elapses or you could kindly advise.Many thanks good people
togetherness as one

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm

mteja wrote:Hello All

Just to thank everyone in this board that has advised on my posts. Also would like to thank the immigration boards for all the advises it offers to people. I never used a solicitor at all..i got my information from this board..ie how to write asponsor letter, evidence etc..once again thanks alot you good people.

I finally got my spouse Visa..it took exactly 11 days (it could been less but had 3days bank holiday and a weekend ie Moi Day,IDI Fittri(sp))since when i did put in my application.

We flew back in UK yesterday..no probs with the UK Border agency..only two questions..how long we had been married, (ECO) also wished as a happy marriage.. :lol: and the second question what was i doing in UK before i left for Kenya. it was in form of a chat ..not an interview really.

So am happy and thanks very much to u all.

God bless
Mteja

nb:got a two year spouse visa..not sure what next..but will dig down in this board and see what happens after the two years elapses or you could kindly advise.Many thanks good people

Arh... Bless you well done after all yourhard work has paid of please pray for us all. enjoy your life stress free now that you are back in the Uk it must have been a good feeling for you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Metja in response to your question about what happens in 2 years time...
during the 2 years it's important that you save official letters, bills etc
showing that you are living together and that your marriage is subsisting.
All the better if these are in joint names. Under present regulations you need 6 spread evenly over the 2 years, and from 3 different categories.
Best to save everything you can, and then decide which are important when the time comes.
The Life in the UK test will need to be passed in order to apply for ILR.
Form SET(M).
However, there are changes planned. The Home Office have produced a Green Paper, intending to abolish ILR and replace it with Probationary Citizenship (which won't be a permanent visa). There will also be an additional year (than the 3 at present) to wait before Citizenship can be applied for unless the applicant can show that they have been actively involved in voluntary community projects or charity work. If this is passed when it goes before Parliament this Autumn, then they intend to introduce the new regulations late in 2009. Search for The Path to Citizenship on the Border and Immigration Agency website.

sarah2010
Newly Registered

Re: Overstayer problem at airport

Post by sarah2010 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Dear Sir,
The biggest mistake you have done was leaving London, yes, they said if u leave london you will come after 1 year by law but it is not true, in fact you will never come back.
They are liars, the Home office is liar.
I left London with my children on my own, bought my ticket in the heathrow airport, the officer insulted me and said you are not allowed to have children, but they are allowed to come to Algeria to take new market to earn more money in the petrolium field.
I have applied for spouse visa many time but I have been refused every time there is new reason for the clearance officer. Every time there is new song for him.
The home office like this people who are steeling their money, they like this liars who are asking for asylum seeker despite they are not danger.
You know when I was there, my husband who is British told me go and ask for asylum seeker, you have just to lie and say good lie, but I didn't want I thought that they are honnest like me.
I knew people there who are falsifying documents for the Banks and for university but Home Office don't care, they care only about an innocent woman.
Now, I have decided to stop applying for visa to UK, and I will never apply, I am working in hydrocarbure company, I promis British Governement who prevent me from normal family life that they will never have contrat with my compagny since I am here.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Overstayer problem at airport

Post by Rozen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:43 pm

sarah2010 wrote:Dear Sir,
The biggest mistake you have done was leaving London, yes, they said if u leave london you will come after 1 year by law but it is not true, in fact you will never come back.
They are liars, the Home office is liar.
I left London with my children on my own, bought my ticket in the heathrow airport, the officer insulted me and said you are not allowed to have children, but they are allowed to come to Algeria to take new market to earn more money in the petrolium field.
I have applied for spouse visa many time but I have been refused every time there is new reason for the clearance officer. Every time there is new song for him.
The home office like this people who are steeling their money, they like this liars who are asking for asylum seeker despite they are not danger.
You know when I was there, my husband who is British told me go and ask for asylum seeker, you have just to lie and say good lie, but I didn't want I thought that they are honnest like me.
I knew people there who are falsifying documents for the Banks and for university but Home Office don't care, they care only about an innocent woman.
Now, I have decided to stop applying for visa to UK, and I will never apply, I am working in hydrocarbure company, I promis British Governement who prevent me from normal family life that they will never have contrat with my compagny since I am here.
But what has your rant got to do with this old post from 2008 that you have dug up? Besides, the OP was back in under a month! :roll:
Each case is different. Just fight a good fight! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's life!