ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport or Id requirement for MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Passport or Id requirement for MN1

Post by doughng » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 pm

My wife just got her ILR approved and we want to proceed to register our 7 month old baby as a British Citizen. He was born here and we have never travelled with him outside the UK since he was born. I saw on the MN1 application we need to provide information about his passport (our home country). We already applied for his passport but the lockdown has kept our embassy shut until the lock down gets lifted

Is it advisable to go ahead with the MN1 application and submit without his passport or is it better we wait for his passport to be issued before submitting the MN1 application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport or Id requirement for MN1

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:01 pm

A passport is not mandatory birth certifate alone is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Passport or Id requirement for MN1

Post by doughng » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Thank you!!!!