ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachprocter4

Fiancee Visa

Post by rachprocter4 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:07 pm

I'm a little confused, as usual, about the funding side of this visa.

I am in full time employment but claim benefits because my wages do not cover child care, rent etc. From the responses I have got on the Claiming benefits section this should not be a problem because my fiancee will not be claiming benefit/living off public funds as he has a large amount of savings.

The question I have is; I have read about the 'sponsor' (e.g the UK person) having to earn above a certain amount. Have I got this correct? Is this a concrete rule? Or can the fact he has enough and more saving to support himself for 6 months eliminate this criteria?

Thanks a lot for reading this

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Fiancee Visa

Post by sakura » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 am

rachprocter4 wrote:I'm a little confused, as usual, about the funding side of this visa.

I am in full time employment but claim benefits because my wages do not cover child care, rent etc. From the responses I have got on the Claiming benefits section this should not be a problem because my fiancee will not be claiming benefit/living off public funds as he has a large amount of savings.

The question I have is; I have read about the 'sponsor' (e.g the UK person) having to earn above a certain amount. Have I got this correct? Is this a concrete rule? Or can the fact he has enough and more saving to support himself for 6 months eliminate this criteria?

Thanks a lot for reading this
There is no minimum earnings threshold; if you have a job and/or savings, you merely need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover yourselves.

rachprocter4

Post by rachprocter4 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks very much :)

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:08 pm

It would be best to draw up a simple income and expenditure sheet to give them some idea.

But don't drastically underestimate your expenditure; they'll have a fairly good idea of the cost of living in the UK.
Oh, the drama...!