ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU Citizen Separating from Irish Husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wondergurl
Newly Registered

Non-EU Citizen Separating from Irish Husband

Post by wondergurl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm an American who married an Irish citizen just 6 months ago. Things have taken a seriously bad turn, and we are considering a separation. It is unknown at this point whether this will be temporary or permanent.

What are my rights to remain in Ireland under the circumstances of a separated spouse of an Irish citizen?

I called GNIB, and they told me I must write to the Dept. of Justice (DOJ) for permission. What is the DOJ looking for in my letter, and what are my chances of gaining permission to stay?

I am working full-time.

Any help during this rocky period would be SO much appreciated.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:04 pm

you must write to dept of justice but i dont know what sort of visa you hv got. hv u applied residency rights if so you would not hv to worry abt it. write a letter to dept of justice ans wait for an answer i'd say

MAKUSA
BANNED

Not very good

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Your chances of getting your stay regularised is quite slim due to the breakdown of your marriage, if it had lasted for at least two years then you would have stood a chance, i am sorry it doesnt look good and i dont think that contacting them would help either, what stamp have you got now on your passport?