ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme - Chinese national mother and Belgian national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nbs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settlement Scheme - Chinese national mother and Belgian national

Post by nbs » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:11 am

Dear All,

Looking to make an application under the EU settlement Scheme. Bit confused at the online guidance.

Mother is a Chinese national with no leave to remain in the UK. Child is a Belgian national.

It says that "You cannot use the online service to apply to the scheme if you’re applying as: the primary carer of a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen"

I have contacted the EU Settlement Resolution Centre online to find out how to apply as it states.

Can the mother and child apply under the EU settlement scheme

Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU Settlement Scheme - Chinese national mother and Belgian national

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:33 am

nbs wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:11 am
Mother is a Chinese national with no leave to remain in the UK. Child is a Belgian national.
To be able to best advise, it is important that you give the full picture. Who is the applicant, yourself, or a relative? Where is she?
How does this all relate to your previous posts describing an application for a spouse visa last year?

Questions from the same user are rarely isolated, so it is important to understand fully what is going on on a member's context.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.