ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father & Mother born before creation of Pakistan 1948

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjsohail1970
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Father & Mother born before creation of Pakistan 1948

Post by amjsohail1970 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi respected members,

I am filling my wife form for BC and stuck on one question.

I am just explaining the position? My father & mother in laws was born in British Indian Empire, after Independence from British Empire's Pakistan was created in 1947 but my mother in law was born in 1946, so the question is 'Have they always had the same nationality? Can I put YES or NO cuz after creation of Pakistan she got Pakistani nationality but before partition that was British Indian Empire.

Please advise.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Father & Mother born before creation of Pakistan 1948

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:37 pm

You do NOT need to put her parents details, it is irrelevant to her citizenship application. You can simply state "details not known".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:49 pm

amjsohail1970 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm
Hi respected members,

I am filling my wife form for BC and stuck on one question.

I am just explaining the position? My father & mother in laws was born in British Indian Empire, after Independence from British Empire's Pakistan was created in 1947 but my mother in law was born in 1946, so the question is 'Have they always had the same nationality? Can I put YES or NO cuz after creation of Pakistan she got Pakistani nationality but before partition that was British Indian Empire.

Please advise.

Regards,
If it is a mandatory question to answer, just select yes and proceed. Does not matter Pakistan was independent nation in 1947. It is not a relevant question as CR001 said. Just state MIL’s Nationality as Pakistan as always.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

amjsohail1970
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amjsohail1970 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Thank you so much dear respected members of the forum.

Regards