ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) -Tier 2 (General) -Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set (O) -Tier 2 (General) -Queries

Post by Jamytart » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Please if any Guru could help us on below queries:

Immigration History:
1st Tier 2 General visa in March -2016 (was already in UK before that on Tier4)- had couple of extensions of Tier2 and now eligible for ILR after 5 years
My spouse came to Uk in Sep-2016 as my dependent so not eligible for ILR as of yet.
Both of our visas (Tier 2 & Dependent) are valid till March 2022.

Questions:

1) Only myself applying for ILR rightnow (as spouse not eligible), If my ILR is successful this month, will my spouse be able to travel in/out of UK on current Tier 2 dependent visa?

2) Do i HAVE to get 2 separate letters from my employer to confirm Employment (foreseeable future/SOC code/Salary) AND confirm my absences? OR Just one letter explaining both (employment and absences) will be alright?

3) What details need to be included for Absences on letter given by employer? Mine says Date to/from, No. of days outside Uk, destination, Personal/Work trip.

4) Do i need to include any evidence to back these absences? For Holiday back to home country, what do i include? (Boarding passes/ tickets etc? Can they be not confirmed from passport stamps?)

5) Does my employer need to say anything on letter regarding maintenance of funds etc? Or Do i need to show some funds? (I’m sure it’s not required but if any one can please confirm).

6) I believe no cohabitation documents required at this stage as I’m only applying on my own and not with dependent (Spouse and Kid).

7) If ILR for myself (main candidate) is approved, can I register my UK born child as British citizen straightaway? Is that through form called M1n or something? Fees of that has been reduced lately after court’s decision? Or about to decrease in near future?

Thanks in advance to all moderators who have been running this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set (O) -Tier 2 (General) -Queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 am

1. Yes she can travel.

2. One letter is fine.

3. Simply needs to list absence outside the UK.

4. No. Passports stamp pages only.

5. There is no maintenance funds for ilr.

6. Correct.

7. Yes, form MN1. No fee reduction as yet and HO likely to appeal the court decision, so unlikely any reduction in fees anytime soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:41 am

Thanks CR001. Appreciate your assistance.

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello,
It’s me again with a quick question.

Employer found out today in the SMS (Sponsorship Management System) that ‘Paye Reference section’ needs to be filled in for new Cos allocation from 1st Dec-2020 onwards.

Would this apply to ILR Candidate in any way?

Does this Paye Reference section needs to be filled in on SMS before I submit my ILR APPLICATION? Or anything needs to be mentioned on my letter from employer?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:18 am

You will use the same COS assigned to you during your extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks, I'm a bit confused here when you said 'You'll use same Cos'. I thought Cos was never required for ILR.
Did you mean 'Mention of Current Cos on Employer's Letter' by that?

Where else the Cos is mentioned in ILR Application? Is it mentioned on ILR application form (Set O) too?

So 'Paye Reference Section' is completely irrelevant in my case? Employer has not even touched that section yet as it just came in last December.

Appreciate your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Jamytart wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:08 pm
Hello,
It’s me again with a quick question.

Employer found out today in the SMS (Sponsorship Management System) that ‘Paye Reference section’ needs to be filled in for new Cos allocation from 1st Dec-2020 onwards.

Would this apply to ILR Candidate in any way?

Does this Paye Reference section needs to be filled in on SMS before I submit my ILR APPLICATION? Or anything needs to be mentioned on my letter from employer?

Thanks
If you do not need a new COS, then it does not apply to you. You kind of answered your own query :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Thanks for guidance, just submitted the application and will update you guys too.

I am going to submit documents soon, just before I do that if someone could possibly confirm below please:

1) I have uploaded tenancy agreement as well (I know it's not mandatory), will there be any issue as Landlord's name etc on there in respect to 'Consent Form by third party' ? It is not a joint account or anything so do not need any consent form (I know I'm overthinking here but it's always good to get advice rather making mistake and then regretting it) ?

2) Before getting on to Tier 2 (General), I was on Tier 4 (student ) visa and in between transition I availed 3C leave as first attempt on moving to Tier 2 General wasn't successful, submitted the second application of Tier 2 General within 28days (this rule changed to 14 days) and hence was not classed as overstayer and since then all extensions were fine, do you think this could be a problem in ILR?

3) Are there any HO visits going on at the moment where they come for an inspection etc ? Asking this as most of the staff is working from home due to Covid.

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:56 am

1. Not an issue
2. Not an issue
3. Probably very unlikely

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:51 am

I've not included my spouse and kid (both are on Tier 2 dependent having valid visa until next year) as spouse has not completed 5 years and kid is UK born.

I have not mentioned my dependents anywhere in the application. Although I have submitted all documents but still waiting for biometric appointment which is next week (applied with priority), do you think I should include a cover letter explaining the status of my dependents and why I have not included them?

I have not included any cover letter initially just employer's letter explaining employment and absences.

Please let me know if it is worth putting in through whilst I do biometric or I am just overthinking ( again :? )

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:43 am

You are overthinking

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 pm

In the question on application form for Tier 2 General Set (O) - " When did you first enter in the UK? " - Was this supposed to be when I got Tier 2? As I was on Tier 4 (student) visa before and have stated the date I first originally entered in the UK on Tier 4 and not when I was trasnferred on to Tier 2 (with in UK).

Could this be a problem or I have answered it correctly ?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Jamytart wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 pm
In the question on application form for Tier 2 General Set (O) - " When did you first enter in the UK? " - Was this supposed to be when I got Tier 2? As I was on Tier 4 (student) visa before and have stated the date I first originally entered in the UK on Tier 4 and not when I was trasnferred on to Tier 2 (with in UK).

Could this be a problem or I have answered it correctly ?
Yes, if you are applying on the basis of tier 2, it has to be the date either you entered on or the date of brp issued for your tier 2, but since you have entered already can't really change but shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:49 pm

Thanks Saliame.

If it needed Tier 2 date as 'Date of entry in the UK' then it looks a very misleading question to me.

The 'Date of entry in the UK' should be the date you first ENTERED in the UK regardless which visa you had when you entered.

Anyways, as long as it is not significant then it should be fine.

Cheers.

Jamytart
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jamytart » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks everyone for asnswering the queries. I have received an email today and application for ILR has been successful.