ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babyflo
Newly Registered

Pls help...

Post by babyflo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi everyone. Finally I am going to apply for my naturalization this coming Dec 2008. I got my ILR 2 years ago around Sept 2006 I passed my UK test already. Married to Brit citizen.

I read this in BIA website: Start of the residential qualifying period

The residential qualifying period will be worked out from the day we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we received your application on 25 November 2005, you would have to show that you were in the United Kingdom on 26 November 2002.

If I applied on let say 10 Dec 2008 I should be present here in UK 11Dec 200? what...though for the last 4 years living here I'd been out of the country twice ( 24 Dec 2005 for 21 days and 24 Dec 2007 for 22 days ). the whole 2006 I spent here in UK.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you all.

vinny

Re: Pls help...

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 pm

If I applied on let say 10 Dec 2008 I should be present here in UK 11 Dec 2005
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 am

I'm confused by these wordings. Sorry if I'm getting this totally wrong but is "exactly five years ago", the same day five years ago or same day + 1 five years ago?