ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can valued properties take the place of bank statement?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Can valued properties take the place of bank statement?

Post by Papafaith » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:25 am

I do not have much in my account, but i have a property presently been developed in an oil city in Nigeria and another underveloped property in the Nations capital city, both worth a fortune. Can i employ a professional valuer to value both and tender as bank statement? As i intend to dispose both when entry clearance is granted and not before.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:53 am

Papafaith...

You dont have to employ a valuer (but if you do - it will be a plus!!). What you need to supply when applying for EC are your certificates of Land Title/deeds.

You can advise the EC that you will sell the property and get xxx amount of Naira, which will go towards your set up costs.

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:58 am

Thanks Chess.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:43 pm

I assume you want to support an HSMP application. Since you have to prove that you will have no recourse to public funds, you have to show that proceeds from sale of these properties will be readily avalible to you in the UK with short notice. You have to bring evidence (maybe from estate agents) showing some serious offers on these properties. A mere holding in properties is not enough.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>