ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query for dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashish
India

Naric Letter for ILR

Post by kashish » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,
I am on tier 2 general visa and will be completing my 5 years soon and going to apply for ILR.
I have got naric letter 5 years back and had submitted the original naric letter when applied for tier2 visa.
Can I re-use the scanned copy of same naric letter for ILR too or should i get a new one from Naric ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naric Letter for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:07 pm

kashish wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:40 am
Hi Everyone,
I am on tier 2 general visa and will be completing my 5 years soon and going to apply for ILR.
I have got naric letter 5 years back and had submitted the original naric letter when applied for tier2 visa.
Can I re-use the scanned copy of same naric letter for ILR too or should i get a new one from Naric ?
You automatically qualify for ILR. Use the old one
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kashish
India

English Assessment for Settlement

Post by kashish » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:35 am

Hi,
I have got my Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment documents 5 years back from Naric and I had submitted the originals when I applied for Tier 2 general visa.

Now, I need to apply for settlement in the UK and need to submit the Naric documents to prove that I have a degree at an accredited educational establishment which was taught in English.

Can someone please let me know if I can use the scanned copy of the same Naric English assessment which I had used 5 years back?

Thanks.

kashish
India

Re: Naric Letter for ILR

Post by kashish » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks a lot. I will use the scanned copy then.

kashish
India

ILR application submission query

Post by kashish » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:26 am

Hi all,
I am submitting my SET(O) application [Tier 2 general 5 yr route].
MY BRP expires on 13 Feb 2021. I am planning to submit the application 28 days before on 18th Jan.
Is my assumption 28 days before brp expiry for ILR application correct?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application submission query

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial tier 2 visa start date. You can apply no later than the date your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kashish
India

ILR query for dependent child

Post by kashish » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Hi,
I have applied for ILR for myself and my 4-year-old son.
I have now received an email from the home office saying -
"We note you have made an application for yourself and your child for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom
The Immigration Rules state that we can only award Indefinite Leave to Remain to children if both the child’s parents have Indefinite Leave to Remain.
If your spouse intends to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, they can reapply with your son and we can void your son's application now."

I didn't have any idea that a child can get ILR only if both the parents have ILR.
Is that true? And will they refund the ILR fees which I have applied for my son?

Thnks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR query for dependent child

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Yes it is true. The child will only qualify for ilr when your spouse does. This has been the case for many years already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: ILR query for dependent child

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:42 am

If child was born in the UK, then they may grant him ILR with you under the child born in the UK rules.

Moreover, a UK born child is also entitled to register for British citizenship immediately after a parent is granted ILR. If you are planning to register child, then child may skip ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.