ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa switch from General Dependent to ICT main applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHAJIMRANKHAN
Newly Registered
India

Visa switch from General Dependent to ICT main applicant

Post by SHAJIMRANKHAN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this question has already been raised and answered. I couldn't find the relevant topic. It would be great if someone could advise me on this regard.

On Sep 2017, I came to UK on Tier 2 ICT visa and my wife joined me as ICT dependent.
My wife found a job in Mar 2018 who sponsored Tier 2 General visa for her and I switched as her dependent(Tier 2 General Dependent) in Dec 2018. We had a baby in Aug 2020 and she was on maternity leave until 19-May-2021. However, her employer went bankrupt on 12-Mar-2021 and we now have 60 days to find a new employer who can sponsor Skilled Worker visa for her.

We have a mortgage and other financial commitments here and hoping to be in the UK. We are completely devastated and don't know where to seek help.

Can you please advise if switching back from General dependent visa to ICT main applicant is feasible? Is that something I can ask my employer? Is here any cooling period involved?

Please let me know if you should require any information.

Thanks,
Shaj

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Visa switch from General Dependent to ICT main applicant

Post by poper » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:30 pm

https://www.gov.uk/intracompany-transfer-worker-visa

Intra-company Transfer visa
Apply for this visa if you’re being transferred by your employer to a role in the UK.

You’ll need to have worked for your employer overseas for more than 12 months, unless they’re going to pay you £73,900 a year or more to work in the UK.

In my opinion, you are better off applying for a Skilled Worker visa as it does not have the above requirements and more importantly allows you to apply for ILR in 5 years time on the same route.
Hope you are ware that your 5 year ILR clock resets to 0 whenever you switch into a dependent visa or viceversa
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

SHAJIMRANKHAN
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visa switch from General Dependent to ICT main applicant

Post by SHAJIMRANKHAN » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks for your response.
I understand and agree to your points. I've been with the same employer for 11 years. However my question is on the visa transfer. My thoughts are that, ICT visa is applicable only for transfers to UK from elsewhere.
In my case, I'm already in the UK on a General Tier 2 dependent visa.
Is the switch from General Dependent to ICT main applicant possible? Or is there any cooling period involved?