ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions regarding Skilled worker application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pintokhan17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Few questions regarding Skilled worker application

Post by pintokhan17 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:56 am

Hi,

I have been on a Tier2 General visa since 2019. I'm now applying to extend my visa, but I'm a little confused with the changes in application process.

1. Is "Switching" to the Skilled worker visa (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/extend-your-visa) the same as "extend your visa" (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... -this-visa)? Apologies if this sounds dumb. Both the links take me to the same page/portal though.

2. For my application, one of the questions is about jobs in armed forces / intelligence / government sector, etc ... I'm assuming this is for jobs OTHER than the one I'm currently doing and extending my visa for? Do I list my current job in there, if it is in the Civil Service?

3. For my dependent child, after asking whether they have existing visa/brp, and how long they have lived in UK for, it asks if they have lived in the UK in the past 10 years. What's the answer here? Is this for stay OTHER than the current stay/visa?

Thank you in advance for the help.

pintokhan17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Few questions regarding Skilled worker application

Post by pintokhan17 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:57 am

Hi everyone,

I called the Public enquiries number 0300 790 6258 today. They answered my first question with a "Yes", they are the same and will take you to the same page.

But they haven't been able to answer the other 2 questions. Any advice?