ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa refused - urgent help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Family visitor visa refused - urgent help

Post by Vavi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:38 am

Hi All

It will be helpful if I can get your opinion on re-application for my Dad's visitor visa. He got a refusal almost 6 months back and we would like to re-apply. It will helpful to get your opinion before application.

The details of refusal are given below:

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.
What this means for you -
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 – V4.10 of Appendix V because:
 You state you intend to visit the UK for two months and two days to see your son and family. I understand and accept that family visits are important and I have therefore carefully considered all of the elements of your application, weighing the importance of your proposed visit against the requirements of the Immigration Rules.

 I acknowledge that you propose to bear some of the costs of your visit with your sponsor, it is your responsibility to satisfy me that your personal circumstances in country A are such that if granted leave to enter you will abide by all of the conditions attached to any such leave and that you will leave the UK on completion of the proposed visit. I acknowledge the supporting documents you have submitted from your sponsor a residence pass. You state that you wish to travel to the UK to visit your son for a period of 2 months and 2 days. You further state that your sponsor will maintain and accommodate you for the duration of your visit. I acknowledge the supporting documents you have submitted from your sponsor. Although you have submitted a bank statement as evidence of your funds, in the absence of any indication on the application form on what this cost might be, I am unable to ascertain if your sponsor has sufficient funds to meet the cost of your trip.

 I note that you have previously visited the UK in May 2019. In your previous application, you stated that you would stay in the UK for 28 days. I note from your application form and the travel document that you remained in the UK for a total period of 168 days. When your visa was issued, the decision was based on an assessment of all factors, including the duration of your stay and the funds and accommodation available to you as stated on your previous application. It is unclear from the documents that you have submitted and the information that you have provided what you did during this period and how you supported yourself. This extended stay in the UK has undermined the credibility of your current application.

 You have stated that you are unemployed and have not verified or indicated where you funds arrive from, however I note that in account XXX XXX was deposited between A date to B date, which is a sign of artificial inflation before application presentation.

In light of the above and on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the visit as required by Appendix V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

NEXT STEPS
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Family visitor visa refused - urgent help

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Exceeding time spent in the UK in excess of that declared on the visitor visa application will unfortunately result in a black mark on your father's immigration record.

The deposit of funds into his bank account without any evidence of the source will raise doubt on the ability to self-support his financial stability.

In future applications he will need to show documented evidence of strong ties to his home country, such as property ownership, family responsibilities (dependent relatives) etc. If you are supporting your father financially, this will weaken an application.

The Case Worker will want to see that there are stronger reasons for your father to return home than there are for him to remain in the UK with you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.