ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get confirmation/update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Drak3
Newly Registered
Italy

How to get confirmation/update

Post by Drak3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:32 am

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is any way to get a confirmation that the application is being processed.

After the biometric appointment on the 06/01/2021 with Sopra Steria I was told that the appliaction had been submitted but that they could not provide any email/official confirmation...

I have called the UK Visa and Immigration number just to get a confirmation they they had received the application but I found no way to speak to a person. After having to press several numbers I got asked if I am within the waiting times (which I guess is 6 months from the biometric appointment), and as soon as I confirm I got answered but the automatic resonder that they cannot help and the call gets cut.

I guess having the biometric appoitment on the 06/01/2021 I am still within normal times, but all I wanted to have was a confirmation that the application was being processed.

I find this disgraceful as after having the biometric appoitment it would cost Sopra Steria nothing to send a confirmation email. (Which I said after the biometric appoitment). Plus it looks like getting in touch with the UK Visa and Immigration if withing the 6 months waiting time is very complecated/if possible.

Is there any way to just get a confirmation that the appliaction has gone through?

Any suggestion on what would you do? (I guess the answer would be to wait!).

Many thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How to get confirmation/update

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Sopra Steria don't process the applications, they collect them and load to UKVI so they couldn't give you any indication.
Unfortunately UKVI has just one "service level", six months and they don't keep you updated at any stage unless they need further information or documents. The "helpline" is an outsourced service where the operators don't have access to case files.
That's the current setup - you will have seen many reports from applicants waiting more than two months, even beyond six months.
No consolation but it seems that waiting is the only option.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Drak3
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Drak3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi alterhase58, thanks for the reply.

All I asked to Sopra Steria was to confirm I attended the appointment and that they had submitted the application to UKVI. Which I believe to be more than fair to ask.

UKVI should send an acknowledgement email as well once they receive the documentation. This is very basic stuff. That`s incredible and disappointing that they don`t do it. They really need to work in order to improve their service. Probably a turnover of people would be a good idea to improve the process.

It would be very easy to have on their website an indication of the step you are in. Like in my case: - biometric submitted - waiting for decision.

It would provide clarity and also avoid wasting people`s times on both sides (reducing calls and emails).

Contd
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Contd » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 pm

I think we should be thankful and appreciative for given us the chance to be British citizens so therefore we need to bear with them