ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying son s first British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying son s first British Passport

Post by nqazi » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi there
I am applying online for my son's first British passport. He was born in the UK in 2006 and I also received his Certificate of registration as a British Citizen on 16th Oct 2019. We are his biological parent and we (myself and my wife) were already married at the time of his birth according to my religion. I also have an English Translation of Marriage Certificate My self and my wife both have permanent residency in the UK since 2018 however we did not apply for a British Passport due to COVID. My son is living with us since his birth and our (myself and my wife ) names are also mentioned on his birth certificate.
While i was filling the online application for my son, I came to know that I have to send the following documents for my son's passport application:

Applicant’s documents
Send the following:

1. naturalization or registration certificate
2. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been canceled
3. any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)

I wonder about this court order for parental responsibility as I do not have anything like this. Also What is a residency arrangement that I am supposed to show for it?
Can you please comment do I need to send the court order, or my marriage certificate and son's birth certificate is enough to prove parental responsibility? Also, do I need to send my and my wife's permanency residency permits with his application?
Kind Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying son s first British Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:29 pm

The court order you refer to is in case of divorce mainly where the court decides who will be responsible for the child, mother, father or someone else. Clearly not required in your case. So just submi the documents which have been requested (except 3).

NB. I would recommend you don't use your real name or other personal details in public postings.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.